• Delph
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 68)
    • Holman (for Bowery 69)
    • Bent (for Weimann 76)

I said it was implied. I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouths.

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

Why even mention him then?

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

We've both been warned before about driving points in circles and since the answer to your last question is self explanatory i'm going to leave it.

I stated my opinion that I didn't understand why there are so many posts about Berbatov. I'm not trying to moderate.

I thought we played ok. Not too sure what Lambert sees in Bowery though. Thought the substitution of Nzogbia was bad as he looked our most threatening player.

I think he sees that he's hardworking, strong and pretty fast. Agreed that Nzog coming off was silly, but for everything Nzog does well, he screws up. Extremely frustrating player.

Yes I see he's hardworking but that's all I see. Nzog is frustrating but he scored the goal and was making things happen which Bowery wasn't doing so was pretty strange that Lambert took him off.

Overall I'm happy with 4 points from the last two games, but we should really of had all 6. We dominated Fulham today, who didn't even have a shot on target, second game running we have restricted the opposition from having a shot on target. We just couldn't convert our chances, Schwarzer somehow saved from N'Zog in the first half and Weimann in the second. How we didn't get a second, third or forth from chances for Benteke, not once but twice and Delph had me scratching my head as well as blasting my seat after the Delph chance.

Lambert's subs were something of a debate, should of brought off Bowery for Sylla not N'Zog but can see what he was trying to do, reduce the Fulham pressure after they had equalised. Weimann didn't look happy to be taken off for Bent, seemed too be pretty pissed off and Holman just didn't bring anything to the game, how he was voted Australia's player of the year last year is something past me.

Bennett MOTM for me, lad has his best game in a Villa shirt.

Oh just to add that word removed Dowd, had a good game, 'shock', expect for booking Sylla after he came on, quality tackle to get the ball.

Edited by Avflife

We've both been warned before about driving points in circles and since the answer to your last question is self explanatory i'm going to leave it.

It's not self-explanatory. You said there was no implication that Pearce's opinion is worth more but then why did you direct PieFace to his summation when he he disagreed with you on Berbatov?

It's not self-explanatory. You said there was no implication that Pearce's opinion is worth more but then why did you direct PieFace to his summation when he he disagreed with you on Berbatov?

Berbatov ran the show today, what a quality player, can't be doubting that fact. How many people in this debate actually went to the game today??

A bit same old. Good football coupled with defensive howlers. Got ridiculously open at times and we are sometimes far too narrow. Plus points- Baker had a good game along with Vlaar who I thought did okay. Delph was good bar the og. Weimann always gives you 100%, and in fairness the whole team effort was excellent in pressing Fulham. Negative points- dropped points again, Westy and Betentke were a bit quiet  and Bennett always gives you kittens. Lambert didnt have a lot to play with on the bench did he- Holman and Sylla are both game but aren't the players to try and create goals for a winner.  Berbatov was by far the best player on the pitch but minus him the two sides looked fairly even. I think tommorows games will show if this was a decent point or two major points dropped.  

We need Stoke and Sunderland to lose and Wigan midweek. Sunderland at home, and Norwich away look huge- I think we need 4 pts min from that. Good crowd today in both numbers and support- have to keep his goodwill going til May.

That's because Berbatov is head and shoulders above the other fulham players.

I do think he should have scored though in that 1 on 1 with Guzan when he skimmed a post

I was there today and I can safely say that Berbatov looked as though he was going to do something everytine he got the ball. Unfortunately we didn't quite know how to deal with him... If it wasn't for both teams being really really crap going forward, the score line could have looked very different.

But, yes, I was sat in the lower Holte and people were a little anxious when Berbatov was on the scene. Hangeland as well, he was in the bloody way of everything!

Great goal by N'Zogbia, took it well. But overall everyone was below standard - on both sides. I dont know the possession stats but id say we won on that front... l started thinking Fulham were absolute garbage, then they went and scored and then there was a bit of a spell when they could have got a second. We then started pressing for that second whilst Fulham started to time waste a bit, starting with Schwarzer. (Still think we played better football than them though)

Sylla should not have been booked.

The linesman missed an obvious foul throw by Fulham.

The officiating of today's game wasn't too bad overall.

Holte end singing was epic.

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Did anyone else see the group of lads all in green wigs in the North Lower ? Must have been 15 of them with a long banner , couldnt make out what it said ??

Think it was about someone getting married? Could be wrong though. 

Did anyone else see the group of lads all in green wigs in the North Lower ? Must have been 15 of them with a long banner , couldnt make out what it said ??

'JC, he's a clown for getting married' paraphrased.

Really don't get the Berbatov wankfest.

Yes, you could see he had a touch of class about him, but it wasn't one of his stand out performances. Certainly not MOM and didn't have a big influence on the game. Didn't create any clear cut chances for his team mates and missed an absolute sitter himself, failing to even hit the target from about 8 yards.

Ha poor bloke. Also noticed it kicked off a bit after fulham scored. A few fulham danced over the empty seats towards the north lower to be met by a barrage of missiles etc. no OB down there today seemed to be just the stewards

It said "CJ is getting married, what a clown!!'

Haha! Poor CJ

Oooo Stefan, could have been JC instead of CJ.... Can't remember now.

It was a combination of those syllables definitely  :lol:

Â