• Delph
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • N'Zogbia
    • Benteke
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 68)
    • Holman (for Bowery 69)
    • Bent (for Weimann 76)

So if Jonathan Pearce says it then it is fact?

What's with the Berbatov wankfest anyway? He's a good player but so what?

I would hope so since he was commentating on the game for the BBC.

Are you adversed then to admiring good players or must we stick to Villa players? 

We edged it, but I never felt comfortable enough that we'd get 3 points today. We are incapable of keeping clean sheets and the limited number of chances we had to nick it 2-1 were not converted.

Doesnt feel like a bad point, but well need another win or two in the last 5 games now.

Are you adversed then to admiring good players or must we stick to Villa players? 

And there were tens of thousands of other people watching the game. What makes Pearce's opinion more valid?

Nope, I'm just tired of the same posters going on and on about him all season.

I've got a bad feeling lads that todays result aint enough, we got man u away which we'll almost definately lose,sunderland home which could go either way, norwich away which will be very tough as norwich a good at home, chelsea home which will be hard to see us getting anything then a really tough game away at wigan, for the great results we've had lately I don't think its enough, sunderland game is absolutely huge, a must win if their ever was one

And there were tens of thousands of other people watching the game. What makes Pearce's opinion more valid?

Point out to me again where i've stated Pearce's opinion is more valid than tens of thousands of people unless were you that guy conducting a survey outside VP today?

I thought we really missed Gabby today and Weimann had a shocker - did nothing. It's a shame fulham didn't just roll over after the Zog goal, the game got very stretched and you could sense we were going to need more than 1 to win it.

Point out to me again where i've stated Pearce's opinion is more valid than tens of thousands of people unless were you that guy conducting a survey outside VP today?

You implied it here

Berbatov was good in the second half. But I wouldn't say he ran the game at all. In fact, in the first half I thought he was piss poor. 

You should maybe take a peek at Jonathan Pearce's summation of the game before you say anything further.

Berbatov was good in the second half. But I wouldn't say he ran the game at all. In fact, in the first half I thought he was piss poor. 

You should maybe take a peek at Jonathan Pearce's summation of the game before you say anything further.

Errr no... I went to the game and reading someone else's opinion isn't going to change mine. Berbatov really wasn't that great in the first half. He was better in the second half, but he didn't exactly run the game. We had quite a lot of the ball and deserved to win. 

EDIT: And FWIW...i love Berbatov and think he's a brilliant player, I was disappointed with him today. 

Edited by PieFacE

You implied it here

Nope can't see anything there stating that i said Pearce's opinion is more valid than tens of thousands of people.

Is there a code i should know about or are you just back to putting words in posters mouths again to back yourself out of a corner?

Thought Baker and Delph were probably our best players today in general play (not sure what went on for the goal).

Westwood was poor for me, gave the ball away far too much in the first half. Benteke had an off day like he can do from time to time, shame we didn't have Gabby as we really could have done with him.

We had the better chances but I don't really think we outplayed Fulham. We were ridiculously sloppy and off the pace for large periods of the first half, I think if they'd have come at us we might have had major problems.

Couldn't understand the N'Zogbia sub, would have put Bent on for Bowery at half time. I really think our inability to beat teams at home is due to our lack of width at times (even with 3 or 4 strikers on the pitch). 

We're still in major trouble, just hope those around us don't pick up points tomorrow. We weren't that bad today, but we've played a lot better and need to win these games to stay in the division.

What a pathetic argument. Morpheus, Mantis is saying that you are saying PieFace's opinion is less valid than Jonathan Pearce's which is true. Morpheus did imply that. However, Mantis your point about 1000's of people is silly.

Anyway, Berbatov isn't a Villa player so I'm not sure why we've got so many posts about him.

Match ratings:

Guzan - 7 - didn't have anything to do

Lowton - 7 - Good game

Baker - 8 - Colossus

Vlaar - 7 - Solid

Bennett - 7 - Growing in confidence

Westwood - 6 - Poor today

Delph - 7 - Solid but silly OG

N'Zogbia - 7 - Wasteful, but scored

Weimann - 6 - Poor, needs a rest

Benteke - 6 - Heskey impression

Bowery - 6 - meh

Dowd - 6 - prick

Edited by StefanAVFC

I said it was implied. I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouths.

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

What a pathetic argument. Morpheus, Mantis is saying that you are saying PieFace's opinion is less valid than Jonathan Pearce's which is true. Morpheus did imply that. However, Mantis your point about 1000's of people is silly.

Anyway, Berbatov isn't a Villa player so I'm not sure why we've got so many posts about him.

Match ratings:

Guzan - 7 - didn't have anything to do

Lowton - 7 - Good game

Baker - 8 - Colossus

Vlaar - 7 - Solid

Bennett - 7 - Growing in confidence

Westwood - 6 - Poor today

Delph - 7 - Solid but silly OG

N'Zogbia - 7 - Wasteful, but scored

Weimann - 6 - Poor, needs a rest

Benteke - 6 - Heskey impression

Bowery - 6 - meh

Dowd - 6 - prick

Read the post again. It was stated by Mantis that i said/implied that Pearce's opinion was more valid than tens of thousands of people and thats what i have reacted to.

I would also suggest you let the mods moderate.

I stated my opinion that I didn't understand why there are so many posts about Berbatov. I'm not trying to moderate.

I thought we played ok. Not too sure what Lambert sees in Bowery though. Thought the substitution of Nzogbia was bad as he looked our most threatening player.

I think he sees that he's hardworking, strong and pretty fast. Agreed that Nzog coming off was silly, but for everything Nzog does well, he screws up. Extremely frustrating player.

I said it was implied. I wasn't putting words into anyone's mouths.

Nope, no implication either within my post pointing to Pearce's opinion being more valid than tens of thousands of people.

Why even mention him then?

Â