Bitcoin

The_Rev

3 hours ago, Xela said:

How many did you buy @Tegis?

Just one, at 150 quid. Basically to learn the Blockchain tech a bit, and out of curiosity.

Edited by Tegis
spelling
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about investing in waves. Bitcoin just keeps on going up and up. 

About 3 or 4 years ago I had a transaction lined up for 10 bit coins at £70 each when silk road collapsed , was one click away from buying them but bottled it. 

I hate myself right now. 

Edited by PieFacE

On 2013-4-10 at 23:30, leviramsey said:

It's a bubble (but then again, money is essentially by definition a bubble).

It's crazy to think that, for a post on a forum a couple of years ago, someone tipped me 0.10 BTC (so about 6p at the time). At one point a few hours ago, then, I had been paid GBP13-ish for a single forum post!).

Wouldn't bet against USD/BTC going to $50 or lower in the near future.

Wouldn't bet against USD/BTC going above $1000 in the longer term.

Funny looking at this post from Levi all those years ago.  I assume he's off in the sunset now incredibly rich.

Bitcoin is over $2500 now ha!

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Crazy. Wish i'd put £5k or £10k into it a few years back. I'd be sitting pretty now

There's plenty of other opportunities off the back of bitcoin, which could be very profitable.

Blockchain is the future.  There's tons of innovative companies with low investment points out there. It's not too late, crytpocurrency is just getting started.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Can someone explain how this works in simple terms? 

Try this one for a pub-like chat. It's couple of years old so things have happened but the concepts stays put (minus the first 10 minutes of podcast sponsors) Andreas has been on 3 times more on the JRE podcast with more info.

Then you can explore other short how-to's in setting up wallets and how to buy coins. But understanding the concepts is important.

Edited by Tegis

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can someone explain how this works in simple terms? 

If you're thinking of getting involved into the cryptospace then now is a good time. BTC is crashing hard today.  It's also bringing all alts down with it too. 

Edited by PieFacE

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can I exchange it for real currency?

Yes, you deal with a broker in the same way that you deal in stocks. The value is set at the time of transaction by the broker/market and it's up to you if you feel the deal is good enough, or you go to another broker or sit tight. The "digital money" sits with you, in your wallet, not at some holder like a bank. It's more or less cash.

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If you're thinking of getting involved into the cryptospace then now is a good time. BTC is crashing hard today.  It's also bringing all alts down with it too. 

Still very expensive though compared to 2 months ago.

15 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Yes, you deal with a broker in the same way that you deal in stocks. The value is set at the time of transaction by the broker/market and it's up to you if you feel the deal is good enough, or you go to another broker or sit tight. The "digital money" sits with you, in your wallet, not at some holder like a bank. It's more or less cash.

Yup, eventually it will be real money, and there will be no need to exchange it into cash. When you see companies like TenX being so close to release, it's really not that far away.

I love the ARK project, my favourite coin at the minute. Would recommend looking into if you're thinking about investing.

Edited by PieFacE

Oh, and lets not forget, BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!! There is no one to turn to if you lose your key. The coin will be gone forever, for everybody.

Was anyone part of the etherium wave since the beginning of the year?

So much growth in these coins - it's just picking one that will go the distance.

The thought of buying now for mere $s, locking it away in a paper wallet and waiting until 2025 excites me no end.

Could obviously be a couple of hundred pounds lost, but very interesting nonetheless. 

25 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

The thought of buying now for mere $s, locking it away in a paper wallet and waiting until 2025 excites me no end.

Yup, this is more or less what I did. All of them could crash and burn so only use "play" money.

All of them are too volatile to hang your hat on and they will be for some time going forward. Needs more loads more volume to get a stable curve.

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Yup, this is more or less what I did. All of them could crash and burn so only use "play" money.

All of them are too volatile to hang your hat on and they will be for some time going forward. Needs more loads more volume to get a stable curve.

Which coins are up 'playing' with, so to speak? 

Â