Bitcoin

The_Rev

38 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Which coins are up 'playing' with, so to speak? 

Just Bitcoin, and I would be wrong in saying I play with it. It's more or less sitting there.

On 2017-6-17 at 19:59, VERB27 said:

Was anyone part of the etherium wave since the beginning of the year?

So much growth in these coins - it's just picking one that will go the distance.

The thought of buying now for mere $s, locking it away in a paper wallet and waiting until 2025 excites me no end.

Could obviously be a couple of hundred pounds lost, but very interesting nonetheless. 

I know a few people involved in this and had the info to get into ETH in March before it went flying up. The whole thing was alien to me though so I avoided it, seemed risky. Having seen it go up and looking at what I could have won I thought Id have a dabble, if I lose a few hundred quid then not the end of the world but in a few years they could hit some decent value.

I have money in Lisk and Ripple that I will be holding onto long term as I like what they are about.

There is a lot of information out there on Youtube/Twitter/Reddit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha, possibly, can't see it though. Think it will boom again in September .

As soon as Bitcoin sorts out what it's doing in August with the potential fork (which is the reason for all this uncertainty in the market), I think it will be $5000 by the end of the year.

Edited by PieFacE

On 16/07/2017 at 15:51, Chindie said:

Or entire cryptocurrencies might be about to collapse completely ;)

Looks like BTC is going to be locked with BIP91 soon. All the FUD has seemingly gone, hope people bought the dip :D 

Buy all the bitcoin. $5000 by October is my guess. Hopefully dragging up ARK and Waves with it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2017 at 23:32, Stevo985 said:

How would one go about buying some of these currencies?

Use localbitcoins or coinbase to buy bitcoin.

Then transfer bitcoin to an exchange such as bittrex

Then trade your bitcoin for the coin of your desire.

Bitcoin up to $3300
ANS(Neo) up to $21
STRAT to $6.50
Waves up to $5
ARK up to $1
WINGS up to $.065
Just need NAV to sort itself out a bit and then it's been a very good weekend :D

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

On 07/08/2017 at 09:32, PieFacE said:

Use localbitcoins or coinbase to buy bitcoin.

Then transfer bitcoin to an exchange such as bittrex

Then trade your bitcoin for the coin of your desire.

Bitcoin up to $3300
ANS(Neo) up to $21
STRAT to $6.50
Waves up to $5
ARK up to $1
WINGS up to $.065
Just need NAV to sort itself out a bit and then it's been a very good weekend :D

No Ethereum?

I have mostly Ethereum and some Bitcoins

1 hour ago, zak said:

No Ethereum?

I have mostly Ethereum and some Bitcoins

Nope, sold my ETH (didn't have much) for more ARK & Waves I think. Big believer of those coins. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I heard BitCoin was at a record high. Does that make it a bad time to buy some?

Depends. Truth is no one really knows if it's going to go up, down or sideways.

It's current value is approximately $3300. One month ago it was $2400. 3 months ago it was $1600.

One thing i'm certain of though, is if you buy one now with the intention of simply holding it and not caring about it (ie, trading), then in 3-10 years you'll be glad you did and you won't care that you paid $3500 for it. 

The crypto-scene isn't going anywhere, it's only just getting going. Bitcoin is like Gold in digital assets. It's going to be worth a fortune. 

As always though, only spend what you're comfortable with losing if the market did collapse.

I do genuinely see only the richest people being able to afford a whole bitcoin. There's more millionaires than bitcoin in this world. 

Edited by PieFacE

On 22/07/2017 at 23:32, Stevo985 said:

How would one go about buying some of these currencies?

I believe Revolut plan to adopt bitcoin, so will be alot easier to purchase soon. Which i guess may increase demand

I do wonder if we're watching a bubble. A lot of the demand recently seems to have come from people speculating on bitcoin as an investment. That won't continue indefinitely. Especially as the coins still aren't that useful. There's more places accepting them every day but it's still far from commonplace. The people jumping in are not doing so because they need some bitcoins for whatever. They're doing it because they think it'll turn a profit. Eventually it'll reach a point where there's nobody willing to spend the money to buy.

Note - I'm far from informed on this.

Dunno, people have been saying it's a bubble since it hit $100. It could well be mind, but I don't believe it is. 

There's just way too much innovation within the crypto/blockchain space for it to be a bubble. I kinda see it all as a bit of a revolution, probably the biggest since the internet. 

The amount of money in crypto is tiny too. Still so much room for growth.

MW-FO937_Bitcoi_20170621155338_MG.jpg?uu

With all the tech coming out now, and all the money flooding into crypto, buying altcoins is kinda like playing the lottery but you only need to get one number right. A lot of people are going to be very rich from this. 

Really wouldn't surprise me if crypto had a $1T market cap in 3 years. But i'm by no means an expert or finance guy, just an enthusiast. :)

Edited by PieFacE

A bubble doesn't mean bitcoin etc is going to vanish. It means there's potentially going to be a redressing of values etc and during that some things will suffer and die off and some things will survive - the dot com bubble didn't kill internet business but it did hobble/kill a number of businesses in the bubble and altered the landscape. Bitcoin/crypto has already bubbled previously IIRC and it'll do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen given what seems, to an outsider, to be a largely hype driven economy (which happens a lot with tech stuff that is seen as a revolution, famously the analysis of new tech investment is people overestimate it's use, hype it, reality bites, prices drop and then in time the real usage case emerges and values increase in kind). People are bundling money into it as an investment on the basis they will get rich off it. Eventually that won't be the case.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the inclination and the money to lose I'd drop a few quid into crypto like, as you say, a lottery ticket. But also like a lottery, I'd expect to ultimately lose. And I wouldn't fall for hype. I hope I'm wrong though and you see a nice return.

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A bubble doesn't mean bitcoin etc is going to vanish. It means there's potentially going to be a redressing of values etc and during that some things will suffer and die off and some things will survive - the dot com bubble didn't kill internet business but it did hobble/kill a number of businesses in the bubble and altered the landscape. Bitcoin/crypto has already bubbled previously IIRC and it'll do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen given what seems, to an outsider, to be a largely hype driven economy (which happens a lot with tech stuff that is seen as a revolution, famously the analysis of new tech investment is people overestimate it's use, hype it, reality bites, prices drop and then in time the real usage case emerges and values increase in kind). People are bundling money into it as an investment on the basis they will get rich off it. Eventually that won't be the case.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the inclination and the money to lose I'd drop a few quid into crypto like, as you say, a lottery ticket. But also like a lottery, I'd expect to ultimately lose. And I wouldn't fall for hype. I hope I'm wrong though and you see a nice return.

Dunno, is a price correction considered a bubble? 

When the stock market crashes is it seen as a bubble? (genuine question)

Markets go up and markets go down, if that's considered a bubble then crypto definitely is one. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â