Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

The_Rev

I think we drew 3-3 there the season we won the title. To be fair we hardly ever get anything. I think we should expect the worst and maybe we might be pleasantly surprised. We don't need another thrashing to dent our confidence though.

And we were nine up with a minute to go?

Surprisingly, it went punch for punch. They'd score, then we'd score, then they'd score, etc.

With a minute to go, they led 9-7, and we scored 2 goals to level it. That's how I knew it was a dream.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

And we were nine up with a minute to go?

Surprisingly, it went punch for punch. They'd score, then we'd score, then they'd score, etc.

With a minute to go, they led 9-7, and we scored 2 goals to level it. That's how I knew it was a dream.

It's probably as likely as my prediction so I'll go for it. :)

The thing is with this fixture is noone is expecting anything from us, many assuming we will lose, so we may as well go **** at them, but look for a few uglier tactics such as long ball from the back over the top for Weimann to chase but also keep it tight with a more defensive line up...

So I would go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Bennet

Clark

Sylla  Westwood  Delph

Weimann & Benteke

With the option of bringing on Bent, N Zog and Gabby as game changers with 20 or so minutes to go if it's still tight and he feels we could knick it.

I think it's going to be one of those incredibly comfortable games for United.

They'll only win 1-0, but they'll do it a complete canter and we'll never look like scoring.

I'm fairly confident Benteke would be able to get some change out of whatever CB pairing they'll be using. We'll have some chances...we just can't afford to waste any as we did against Fulham and for much of the campaign this time around. I'm sure PL will be driving that home too.

Concentration is the key, taking advantage of any chances that we get. A small lapse in concentration, defensively or offensively will turn us over. No individual errors, just belief that if we give it everything then we can nick something from this. I just hope the squad believes this and isn't expecting to just keep the score line against us respectable. I hope Baker will be on form for this!

The thing is with this fixture is noone is expecting anything from us, many assuming we will lose, so we may as well go **** at them, but look for a few uglier tactics such as long ball from the back over the top for Weimann to chase but also keep it tight with a more defensive line up...

So I would go:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Bennet

Clark

Sylla  Westwood  Delph

Weimann & Benteke

With the option of bringing on Bent, N Zog and Gabby as game changers with 20 or so minutes to go if it's still tight and he feels we could knick it.

Wheres the width going to come from?

It's not just the threat from Van Rooney etc, your back four are as dangerous....

Only joking. Dig in chaps, you never know, remember even Leicester won up there once under MON.

God it's hard work supporting Middle Earth Clubs, makes it sweeter when you win though.

Have a cheeky tenner on 0.1 Villa, I am going to, and no I haven't been drinking.....