Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Kyle Walker is 22 and still improving. Who is better at right back? On present form or past reputation? Wouldn't buy any other right back in the world.

Rafael

Zabaleta

Ivanovic

even Glen Johnson and Seamus Coleman, probably Debuchy when he gets settled

thats just in England alone

You'd actually buy any of them over Kyle Walker? Crazy. I'd rather keep Lowton than have Rafael (attitude), Zabaleta (too old), Ivanovic (CB not RB).

The others are also rans. Walker is fast, he practices against Bale, and can score and create chances. His defence game is good and improving. 

Walker is the only defender I'd take from the current Spurs team. (Yes, Vertonghen is better than Clark/Baker but I expect Clark/Baker to improve to his level within a season or two).

do u watch any football? Clark as good as Vertonghen within a year? No chance.

• Like 1

Kyle Walker is 22 and still improving. Who is better at right back? On present form or past reputation? Wouldn't buy any other right back in the world.

Rafael

Zabaleta

Ivanovic

even Glen Johnson and Seamus Coleman, probably Debuchy when he gets settled

thats just in England alone

You'd actually buy any of them over Kyle Walker? Crazy. I'd rather keep Lowton than have Rafael (attitude), Zabaleta (too old), Ivanovic (CB not RB).

The others are also rans. Walker is fast, he practices against Bale, and can score and create chances. His defence game is good and improving. 

Walker is the only defender I'd take from the current Spurs team. (Yes, Vertonghen is better than Clark/Baker but I expect Clark/Baker to improve to his level within a season or two).

that has outed you as a WUM buddy, you dont play for Man United if you have a bad attitude. to go with your bollocks of Walker is only Spurs player you would put in our team

So, all the people that reply to Con with his Barry Bannan and Kyle Walker antics.. You do realise that, I mean, the clues in the name surely?

Con.

rubbish. them heat maps were good enough for me ;)

I did say Vertonghen was better than Clark/Baker but I wouldn't buy him because the latter two will reach his standard in a season or two.

Walker is 22, still improving, and has all the attributes to be a great RB. Won't be beaten for pace, strong, good defensively.

Has made 4 errors this year but is only 22. Anyway, we couldn't afford Walker right now and Spurs wouldn't sell.

We need a midfield destroyer - diame was one that got away, however i'm glad we didn't sign N'zonzi (prick). Sylla unfortunately is not the answer.

You can't judge Sylla until he's played at least one game at DM for us... (HIS PREFFERED POSITION) 

Why do we need a DM?

West Ham and Stoke are not the teams to emulate in this division.

Gareth Barry plays like Michael Carrick. Lampard played that role this year for Chelsea. Arsenal don't have one.

Lampard odesnt play that role. Mikel plays it usually for Chelsea when fit. City had De Jong and since he is gone they look vulnerable, Spurs have Sandro

He does this year. Deep lying playmaker. There was a piece on it I read BBC with Lampard commenting it took him time to learn how to time his forward runs from that new position.

Walker over any RB in the World?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes. Can't get quicker than him and he's got offensive talents and is defensively sound. Not as flash as some other RBs but in the modern game, pace is so important. Would fit right into our team.

Yes. Can't get quicker than him and he's got offensive talents and is defensively sound. Not as flash as some other RBs but in the modern game, pace is so important. Would fit right into our team.

Lahm? Pisczcek? Zabaleta? Richards? Rafael? Alves? Arbeloa? Di Sciglio? Abate? Pereira? Lichtsteiner? 

Even Ivanonic who isn't a RB by trade is a better RB than Walker, who's gone backwards this year.

Lahm? Pisczcek? Zabaleta? Richards? Rafael? Alves? Arbeloa? Di Sciglio? Abate? Pereira? Lichtsteiner? 

Even Ivanonic who isn't a RB by trade is a better RB than Walker, who's gone backwards this year.

Yes. The best young prospect around in that position. Perfect for the Premier League. He's almost as fast going backwards as he is going forwards.

So you think Kyle Walker is a better RB than all of those I've listed?

Out of the ones you've listed he is the one I'd buy for my Premier League team. 

You are absolutely insane.

• Like 1

So you think Kyle Walker is a better RB than all of those I've listed?

Out of the ones you've listed he is the one I'd buy for my Premier League team. 

You are absolutely insane.

You are judging on names and reputations. I'm making my own judgement.

No I'm not. If I was judging on names and reputations, I'd have had the likes of Maicon, Sagna and Johnson in there, who have had unbelievable seasons in the past, but have been worse than Walker this year.

The RB's I mentioned are just better than Walker this season.

I'm interested to know how you could have watched Walker every game this year to come to your 'judgement' that he is a better player than Lahm (best RB in the world), Alves (official best RB in the world), Di Sciglio (break out season, keeping out Abate), Pisczcek (Brilliant in a brilliant Dortmund team), Zabaleta (one of city's most consistant players) and the list could go on.

Completely baffling.

No I'm not. If I was judging on names and reputations, I'd have had the likes of Maicon, Sagna and Johnson in there, who have had unbelievable seasons in the past, but have been worse than Walker this year.

The RB's I mentioned are just better than Walker this season.

I'm interested to know how you could have watched Walker every game this year to come to your 'judgement' that he is a better player than Lahm (best RB in the world), Alves (official best RB in the world), Di Sciglio (break out season, keeping out Abate), Pisczcek (Brilliant in a brilliant Dortmund team), Zabaleta (one of city's most consistant players) and the list could go on.

Completely baffling.

He's got more pace. I agree Alves has more skill, and a number of others more experience. However, Walker is made for the Premier League. He has more pace than all of these other world class RBs, and on top of that he is good offensively and in defense. He's 22 and has made 4 defensive errors this season which Spurs fans have picked up on. He's not going to be sold any time soon. If he was 2-3 years more experienced I believe he would be at Man City keeping out Zabaleta. That's why I would buy Walker over any other RB.

I don't even know what to say anymore. He's better than Lahm? Even forgetting all of the other RB's I mentioned, saying that is mind-boggling. You sound like an UT fanatic who is only obsessed with pace.

Agreed Andy, this circus has run its course.