Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

We need a midfield destroyer - diame was one that got away, however i'm glad we didn't sign N'zonzi (prick). Sylla unfortunately is not the answer.

I think Sylla will come good.... from the looks of him he's got potential! I wouldn't write him off until he's been here about 2 years... Unless he pulls a Jean Deux on us! -_-

Kyle Walker is by far the best right back in England, possibly the world

ha! jesus, i know plenty of spurs fans who'll beg to differ on that one

I can introduce you to Villa fans who don't understand the importance of Bannan.

Like Paul Lambert?

• Like 1

You guys just had to go and have Con pull out his little stat card

This is the problem.

I'm not sure Con actually watches any football of any description. His opinion appears to be absolutely solely based on statistics, and you can't do that with football.

BY all means use stats to support an opinion, but with Con there doesn't seem to be any opinion apart from that which is formed burely based on looking at numbers on a page.

It doesn't take a genius to watch Villa and Tottenham games and tell you that Bannan isn't very good and Kyle Walker, whilst a very good player, isn't the best full back in the world.

• Like 1

Kyle Walker is 22 and still improving. Who is better at right back? On present form or past reputation? Wouldn't buy any other right back in the world.

Rafael

Zabaleta

Ivanovic

even Glen Johnson and Seamus Coleman, probably Debuchy when he gets settled

thats just in England alone

Walker has had a terrible run of games in the latter half of Spurs' season. He has been the weak link in a defensive 4 that has contained Dawson!

Walker has had a terrible run of games in the latter half of Spurs' season. He has been the weak link in a defensive 4 that has contained Dawson!

He seems to go for walks at crucial times. Johnson used to be same until a few years ago

Kyle Walker is 22 and still improving. Who is better at right back? On present form or past reputation? Wouldn't buy any other right back in the world.

Rafael

Zabaleta

Ivanovic

You'd actually buy any of them over Kyle Walker? Crazy. I'd rather keep Lowton than have Rafael (attitude), Zabaleta (too old), Ivanovic (CB not RB).

The others are also rans. Walker is fast, he practices against Bale, and can score and create chances. His defence game is good and improving. 

Walker is the only defender I'd take from the current Spurs team. (Yes, Vertonghen is better than Clark/Baker but I expect Clark/Baker to improve to his level within a season or two).

Rafael

Zabaleta

Ivanovic

You'd actually buy any of them over Kyle Walker? Crazy. I'd rather keep Lowton than have Rafael (attitude), Zabaleta (too old), Ivanovic (CB not RB).

The others are also rans. Walker is fast, he practices against Bale, and can score and create chances. His defence game is good and improving. 

Walker is the only defender I'd take from the current Spurs team. (Yes, Vertonghen is better than Clark/Baker but I expect Clark/Baker to improve to his level within a season or two).

Zabaleta is 28 and been one of the best defenders in the league the last few seasons.

• Like 1