Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Douglas Texeira, James Chester, Bolasie/Tom Ince, Serge Aurier and Luis Muriel.....

Then I wake up...

I'd like to see Chester and Aurier here. Toulouse have some great prospects, Aymen Abdennour would be a good shout, can play LB or CB, although I imagine there may be bigger clubs in for him. Saint-Ettiene's Kurt Zouma would be another one worth a look from Ligue 1. Also Sochaux's Yaya Banana, just because.

Edited by Delphouneso

. Also Sochaux's Yaya Banana, just because.

I thought you lot had finally lost it and were making names up, until I looked him up. What a fantastic name! :D

He might be past it but he could be the experienced head needed around the club and is a great professional

No doubt about the fact we need experience and he has been a great pro but the last thing we need is a passenger on relatively high wages. 

The Remy rumour is utter bollocks. Never going to happen.

The best signings we could make this summer are Benteke and Weimann on much improved long term deals.

• Like 1

With high profile tends to come high price tag. Of Lambert's signings last summer I'd only remotely heard of Bennett and Vlaar but couldn't have told you much about them. Gems like Westwood, Lowton and Benteke hadn't even registered. More of the same is fine by me as long as quality is the uppermost concern and value just below. Either way, names like Remy, Neville and Sinclair are not going to represent value - certainly not in wage terms - so won't be coming.

Edited by PatrickCousens