Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Newcastle will attempt to activate a release clause in Loic Remy’s contract at QPR if the Hoops are relegated from the Premier League.

The Magpies were in the hunt for the Marseille striker in January but lost out when he moved to Loftus Road.

But reports that Remy will be allowed to leave if Rangers drop into the Championship have alerted the Tyneside club, and they intend to be successful at the second attempt.

Aston Villa are also interested in capturing the France international but a move to St James’ Park may be more appealing.

QPR will reluctantly part with Remy if they drop out of English football’s top tier to help ease their astronomical wage bill.

Remy, 26, has adapted well to life in the Premier League, scoring eight times, including goals in the 3-2 defeat at Fulham and Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Wigan. But he will have to continue his hot streak in the penalty area if Rangers are to survive.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/09/newcastle-and-aston-villa-want-to-sign-loic-remy-if-qpr-are-relegated-3588963/

---

It begins, our first Summer transfer link this year in the form of Loic Remy. Personally I think it's probably a bit of fishing by the agent, but either way he'd be a great signing in my opinion. Of course Newcastle are most likely the team who'll get him based on their current stature and the wages he'd be asking for. I'd imagine that Samba also has a clause in his contract too but again his wages would price him out of the picture.

Either way I hope we do our business early and that Lerner backs Lambert properly.

It is the first story I've seen regarding a transfer target for us, and I felt it wasn't worth making a Remy topic. I don't think it really matters which league we're in as we're still going to be fixing the same problems with the team.

A left back, a center back, a center mid or two and preferably another attacking winger/wide forward.

Regardless of what division were in , I think it will be another summer of signing players you need to Google to see who they are. Which in a way is quite refreshing and disturbing all rolled into one.

I'd like Luke Murphy from Crewe. Playmaker, has played with Westy for years and looks a real player.

This is more likely to happen than Remy,and if we do survive the drop,this type of future signing will ensure we wont survive next year.

linked with flamini too. he's off contract apparently

wages will be to high.

I'd like Luke Murphy from Crewe. Playmaker, has played with Westy for years and looks a real player.

This is more likely to happen than Remy,and if we do survive the drop,this type of future signing will ensure we wont survive next year.

>linked with flamini too. he's off contract apparently

wages will be to high.

hahahahahaha how can you possibly say that. Actually don't tell me. Writing off signings before you've even seen them play. Typical VT. Out of interest, have you ever seen Luke Murphy?

Seen links to Walsall's Will Grigg and the aforementioned Luke Murphy over the last few weeks, but neither from anything more than tenuous sources.  A Parisian news outlet also linked us with a summer move for out-of-favour PSG striker Kévin Gameiro, but that seems highly unlikely.

Seen links to Walsall's Will Grigg and the aforementioned Luke Murphy over the last few weeks, but neither from anything more than tenuous sources.  A Parisian news outlet also linked us with a summer move for out-of-favour PSG striker Kévin Gameiro, but that seems highly unlikely.

Could see us going for either Luke Murphy or Dale Stephens..... I saw a little bit on Will grigg on the social network site that must not be named!!!!

Remy to us would require a big change in our transfer and wage structure so I think Dale Stephens would be the more likely type of signing for us along with players from abroad who we can sign and make money on when we sell them on. But why would we need another striker if we stay up and have Benteke and Weimann available??

Remy to us would require a big change in our transfer and wage structure so I think Dale Stephens would be the more likely type of signing for us along with players from abroad who we can sign and make money on when we sell them on. But why would we need another striker if we stay up and have Benteke and Weimann available??

I'd say yes.... Bent will leave 100% I think and well we need another striker in case of injuries! I'd love Luis Muriel.... Not going to happen though... We could easily get someone on Less wages than DB9 and for the same fee that we would get for him.. Also would make a bigger impact (yes I know he's hardly played)...

Remy Benteke Weimann ?

That front three would cause some serious damage, lets just ask Arry' to swap him for Bent :)

Edited by samjp26

As much as I would love Remy playing for us, it`s not gonna happen. Would be pretty awesome, but I would imagine Newcastle being much more interesting for him. Have my doubts if they are willing to pay his current wages though, but some premier league has to take him in. I really want us to take Redmond from Birmingham though...