Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I don't think Lowton is on Arsenals level yet, hell i think at a team in the top half of the table he wouldn't get a look in. But their is potential in him and give it a few years he may garner that interest. 

Altidore would be a decent shout still youngish and has a lot more experience under his belt since going to Hull as a 19 year old rookie fighting it out at the wrong end of the table. Gabby, Benteke, Weiman and Altidore would give us good options and strength in depth up top.

Where have the Luke Murphy rumors come from then??? I know we were linked with him in Jan.....?

Also can we go get Max Clayton from Crewe too......

Lambert was at Wembley for Crewe's final there a week or two back, and Crewe's manager, I seem to remember, mentioned him being there and that Westwood had clearly put in a good word for his mate. Their manager also said that there had been no offers, unsurpisingly.

I would imagine he is exactly the type of player Lambert would want (and Clayton too), and I can only guess that Lambert wasn't on a jolly, so although a bit of a guess all round, I think it is safe to say he was 'looking' at someone, and Murphy would make the most sense, and Clayton second, given the names on the team sheet.

"Dale Stephens, Liam Trotter, James Chester?? Guessing they will be still on managers list". I agree mikeyp102 but I guess Chester may stay where he is if as seems likely to me Hull go up even should we still be there to play them.

Our transfer policy has to change next year. If we continue to flood the team with league 1 players again we will go down if we dont go this season. every other club seems like they will spend in the summer with the extra tv money and we seem like we will be left way behind.

Now Lowton is good enough for Arsenal?

Just because he is young, English and has played every single game is not the same as being good enough for a top 10 team in the Premier League. He has also been a liability at times and we have let in 60 goals, take that into the mix as well. He has been decent and stable, but not at a high level. Can't talk him down after his goal last week, but he was also at fault for a goal in the same game or was it the next? If Guzan is as good as ever GK in the league, if Lowton is going to Arsenal, Weimann to Chelsea, Westwood to Liverpool, Benteke to Spurs etc etc - why are we almost last in the table? Weird since all of our players are going to play for top sides next season B)

Stating the obvious really.

Half the things you're commenting on (Weimann to Chelsea, Westwood to Liverpool, Benteke to Spurs etc) have either been newspaper rumours or links on 'goal.com'.

Dale Stephens is still in Birmingham since january waiting to sign.

would explain why he didnt play vs Cardiff yesterday ;P

Isn't that the 'story' that forced JulieB into VT retirement? :D

along with fact Bent was poisoning the dressing room

Our transfer policy has to change next year. If we continue to flood the team with league 1 players again we will go down if we dont go this season. every other club seems like they will spend in the summer with the extra tv money and we seem like we will be left way behind.

Lowton and Westwood could hardly be described as a flood ...

He wanted to do that in January by bringing in more experience and he was denied the funding to do it. Can not see Lambert thinking otherwise in the summer, as for Lerner and the gimp, well im nor so sure.

If we stay up, then they might think their policy was a success, then i foresee a BIG problem coming between them and thier manager.

Lambert will not want to be fighting relegation next term.

He wanted to do that in January by bringing in more experience and he was denied the funding to do it. Can not see Lambert thinking otherwise in the summer, as for Lerner and the gimp, well im nor so sure.

If we stay up, then they might think their policy was a success, then i foresee a BIG problem coming between them and thier manager.

Lambert will not want to be fighting relegation next term.

Might be a bit harsh on Lerner and Faulkner. I understand your concerns, but don't share them.

We all know the squad had too many overpaid players who contributed little, and this had to change. Consider the merits of Benteke, Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar and Westwood, and the fact that between them they probably earn no more than £80k per week; then compare them to Bent (who is OK), Given (ditto), Hutton, Dunne and Ireland who probably cost the club well over £250k per week. Things had to change, and they have.

I genuinely believe that transfer money isn't the problem, as our spending since Lerner came here shows; the money being pissed up the wall on average to dross and being paid massive wages is the problem.

My view is that the changes have saved the club from a fate worse than a few seasons struggling, and although Randy and Faulkner should never have let it happen in the first place (or did they not 'interfere'?), they have at least had the sense to make sure it didn't continue like it did at Leeds and Portsmouth, and is doing at QPR (who spent big on experience in January, and are now screwed).