Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Absolutely love the 1 eyed approach we have.

He plays for Crewe, he's shit!

He scored a really good goal but it was against Southend so it doesn't count.

Pitiful effort lads.

Absolutely love the 1 eyed approach we have.

He plays for Crewe, he's shit!

He scored a really good goal but it was against Southend so it doesn't count.

Pitiful effort lads.

Never stated he was shit just pointing out that when signing a third division player there is a big risk that's what you get, a third division player

Worked out with lowton an Westwood though.

Yeah, kinda

I think they've done what could be expected of them, possibly more. But they have been a big part of the worst defence and one of the worst midfields in the league.

Adding yet another league one player to our midfield is not the way forward (imo)

Edited by sne

I think we have to accept that Murphy is the sort of player we will likely to be looking at whatever division we may start next season in. The price is likely to be right as will be the wages and he will see us as a step up where others who we may not be prepared to pay the fee or wages for in any case would not. If he proves as decent as Lowton and Westwood have been for us then I would be happy with that. I would add that even if we have money for a couple of players on bigger wages that would cost more we also need to look at players like this to give us more and better options next season than we currently have.

• Like 1

I think we shoud keep bent & fonz

Makoun

Ireland

Dunne

Bannan

Albrighton

Hutton

Given

Petrov

Dawkins

Holman

That's gotta be at least 15m in transfers & 15m per year I'm wages

£15m in wages, maybe, but you won't even get close to £15m in transfer fees for that lot. I'd be amazed if you could get into double figures, and be pleased if we could shift most of those of the wage bill without any fee coming in. 

not seen a lot of him but he got a fine goal vs Southend at Wembley lsat week. 

could be a lazy link as think read him and Westwood are good friends

Any player who can score against mighty southend SHOULD be on villas radar.

you do know that is probably the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen.  Frank Lampard has scored against Southend would you not take him?

• Like 1

not seen a lot of him but he got a fine goal vs Southend at Wembley lsat week. 

could be a lazy link as think read him and Westwood are good friends

Any player who can score against mighty southend SHOULD be on villas radar.

you do know that is probably the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen.  Frank Lampard has scored against Southend would you not take him?

No, he annoys me.

• Like 1

We should be in a really decent position financially at the end of the season. We've got lots of expensive players to get rid of, the TV money, and hopefully some extra investment from the chairman.

We can see that Lambert is able to get some good players for good prices so hopefully we can add some real quality and kick on again next season.

The TV money will go straight into Lerner's bank account. (to stay there)

"We've got lots of expensive players".... that are worth nothing now.

"some extra investment from the chairman"... Lerner is broke (in terms on Premier League chairmen)

Lerner needs to jog on or sell a big percentage of the club.   

The TV money will mostly be used to pay back debts to Lerner.

The expensive players bit was in relation to their wages, so freeing up a lot of wages will allow us room to negotiate for better quality players.

Lerner is by no means broke, but he shouldn't keep bankrolling the club when it showed no signs of being self-sustaining. However I'm sure that as Lambert has shown he can get value for money then he will be trusted with funds.

Lerner is broke, his ex-wife took half of his fortune when she divorced him. He's now worth 600m, to be an Premier League chairman you need to have money to throw away (a billion or more)

We should be in a really decent position financially at the end of the season. We've got lots of expensive players to get rid of, the TV money, and hopefully some extra investment from the chairman.

We can see that Lambert is able to get some good players for good prices so hopefully we can add some real quality and kick on again next season.

"some extra investment from the chairman"... Lerner is broke (in terms on Premier League chairmen)

The expensive players bit was in relation to their wages, so freeing up a lot of wages will allow us room to negotiate for better quality players.

Lerner is by no means broke, but he shouldn't keep bankrolling the club when it showed no signs of being self-sustaining. However I'm sure that as Lambert has shown he can get value for money then he will be trusted with funds.

Lerner is broke, his ex-wife took half of his fortune when she divorced him. He's now worth 600m, to be an Premier League chairman you need to have money to throw away (a billion or more)

Pretty sure that was before he sold the browns for a crisp 1 bill and made over 300mill in profit, which i think was printed in the Birmingham Mail. The guy has money.

Edited by villan_007

Need to shift a few players this summer, a lot of that can be done without affecting our first team too much and freeing up a lot of wages. Players I would be letting go and selling would be:

Given 60k

Warnock 45k

Hutton 30k

Lichaj & Stephens (combined 25k?)

Dunne 55k

Herd 15k

Petrov (Retirement) 55k

Makoun 30k

Ireland 70k

Bent 90k

Fonz 15k?

Freeing up around £26,000,000 a year in wages and I dont think any of that really affects our Matchday Squad, just a keeper and FB needed to replace Given and Lichaj on the bench. Herd made a few appearances but I thought he was mostly awful before his injury anyway.

Then I'd like to see us bring in:

1 GK to backup Guzan

1 FB to rival Lowton

1 FB to rival Bennett

1 CB who is not injury prone

1 DM

1 CM

1 AM

1 Winger

1 Striker

I also think Bannan, KEA, Albrighton, NZogbia (been better lately, but due to his wages:impact ratio) and  Holman could go but expect them to be given another year as our squad is so thin.

Bent on 90k a week ? Really ... ?? ^^

Not 100% sure on this, but i think its 60 plus bonus's - which i think was our cieling at that time. Makes you want to cry when you look about and see how ordinary people are being hit and struggling to cope.

Pretty sure that was before he sold the browns for a crisp 1 bill and made over 300mill in profit, which i think was printed in the Birmingham Mail. The guy has money.

nope, his worth 630m currently.

Would be happy with Murphy, looks a decent player.

rubbish. he plays in LEague 1 so is obviously dreadful. We should put all our transfer budget into signing known Premier League players like Steve Sidwell or Shola Ameobi

• Like 3

Bent on 90k a week ? Really ... ?? ^^

Not 100% sure on this, but i think its 60 plus bonus's - which i think was our cieling at that time. Makes you want to cry when you look about and see how ordinary people are being hit and struggling to cope.

Oh right aha yeah i thought the same.

Where are you getting that figure from ?  - the last reported figures are £1.1bn

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingham-business/richlist/richlist2013/2013/01/28/rich-list-2013-no-5-randy-lerner-1-1bn-65233-32681033/

I think its the level of his interest that is the problem - he's certainly wealthy enough.