Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

If delfouneso or bent are moved on, Jordan rhodes has scored 22 for a struggling blackburn, and if they go down will be available for a snip.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

There's something I quite like about Neville, his personality and influence more than his ability.... we could have really done with him and his experience this season to help the kids, particularly around Christmas. Though, I'm hoping we can find someone better in the summer. 

Edited by PieFacE

I completely forgot Bent still played for us

:lol: :lol:

We've really not missed him at all have we? It's amazing that we paid 18m for him. Though, I will admit at the time I thought it was a great signing. Shame all of our creative players wanted to leave straight after. 

no doubt before the week is out bentekes agent will be fishing for a move, guess he cant make money if his player is happy at a club, how many times has he gone to the press already?

the summer needs to be a busy window, although probably wont be...

outs - 

given - will want regular football

dunne - contract expiry

ireland

bent - will want regular football

ins -

keeper - to replace given

centre back 1 - to partner vlaar

centre back 2 - to play in place of vlaar when hes out for another couple of months

left back - need i say more

back up rb - we cant expect lowton to play every game?

striker - to replace bent

in short, the window needs to mostly be about the defense

Edited by AndyBM
  • Like 1

I think we need midfielders too. Delph, Bannan, Syllah are all okay, but not influential enough. None of them can really change a game.  Westwood is okay and I have confidence he will kick on and step up a gear. 

Ireland to go as well please. 

Things are looking up from a couple of months ago when I last thought about this... it looks more likely that we'll stay up and, if we do, more likely that we'll keep our pet monster.

OUT:

Given: £2m / £50k

Marshall: free / £5k

Dunne: free / £50k

Lichaj: £500k / £5k

Hutton: £1.5m / £30k

Makoun: £2m / £30k

Stan (hero): free / £40k

Bannan: £1m / £10k

Herd: £500k / £8k

Bent: £8m / £70k

Delfouneso: £1.5m / £15k 

I think we have to consider wages as well as transfer fees in this as it's clear that this is what the club is most interested in. Obviously the figures are only estimates but if we do something similar to this in the summer we'll have brought in the best part of £18m in transfer fees and, crucially, brought in the wage bill by around £300k - some of which will of course go on new contracts to reward our better players this season - and rightly so. It would be great if we could shift Ireland as well but I just don't see it happening. 

That would leave us with a 1st team squad of:

Guzan

Siegrist

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Baker

Bennett

Stevens

Williams

Ireland

El Ahmadi

N'Zogbia

Albrighton

Holman

Westwood

Delph

Sylla

Johnson

Gardner

Carruthers

Gabby

Benteke

Weimann

Bowery

Burke

So to that I'd add:

1xGK (depending on how highly Siegrist is rated)

1xRB (preferably someone who can also play left if required)

1xCB (should be a priority - someone proven preferably)

1xCM (again, needs to be someone really decent. We have good numbers in the middle but lack quality)

1xWG (I'd still like us to sign a proper winger as a decent option from the bench. Can take a punt on someone here though)

1xST (central striker to replace Bent and play back-up to Benteke - maybe someone with potential from the lower leagues)

Given how much we should be reducing the wage bill, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Lerner will give Lambert £20-25m, which would only represent around £2-7m net. The bulk of that should go on a quality centre half and central midfielder, Lambert can do his magic bargain business with the rest.

All in all I think we should be in much better shape next year  :)

We just need to stay up first...

• Like 1

We're linked to Ilombe "Péle" Mboyo as replacement/backup to Benteke this week

Convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl and served three years of an eight year sentence, no thanks.

Think Ollsson would be a good punt being as Blackburn are heading to League One?

Convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl and served three years of an eight year sentence, no thanks.

Think Ollsson would be a good punt being as Blackburn are heading to League One?

Another LB who's decent going forward but can't really defend.. We've got one of those already.

I actually think we're OK for that position. Bennett has been better of late and we know Baker can do a very solid job there. Add to that Stevens and Williams and we're fairly well covered. Obviously if Bennett doesn't kick on next season then that something to be addressed but the signs are there.

Douglas is definitely plausible now Newcastle, who were at the head of the queue, have got Yanga-Mbiwa.

I've heard from a few that he really isn't that good, though. Had one good season and dined out on that since.

linked with Inter and Spurs last week, doubt he on Lambert radar.

didnt people in holland say Vlaar was the better defender

OUT:

I think if Given goes we would be lucky to get anything at all for him due to his wages and any fee would probably have to be written off so another club could pay his wages. Lichaj is also out of contract so that's another 500k you can take off. I could see a similar case with Makoun & Hutton as the club will be desperate to get rid of the two of them and will probably accept anything. Throw in another £70k a week for Ireland and we should have a great platform to build from.

woudltn want Mboyo near the club. Even Barton be better than him

OUT:

I think if Given goes we would be lucky to get anything at all for him due to his wages and any fee would probably have to be written off so another club could pay his wages. Lichaj is also out of contract so that's another 500k you can take off. I could see a similar case with Makoun & Hutton as the club will be desperate to get rid of the two of them and will probably accept anything. Throw in another £70k a week for Ireland and we should have a great platform to build from.

Makoun's already gone - hasn't he. No details on how much Rennes are paying, would imagine bugger all, but at least save the £30k p/w wages

We're linked to Ilombe "Péle" Mboyo as replacement/backup to Benteke this week

woudltn want Mboyo near the club. Even Barton be better than him

Don't know anything about him, but if that story is true, I doubt he'd get a work permit anyway.