Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'd carry Milner down here on my own back from Man City if we could sign him. That 09/10 season, when he got 10 or so goals for us and something like 15 assists, will live in my memory as one of the best season's I've ever seen from a Villa player.

He's still a quality player and would improve us no end.

• Like 2

I'd carry Milner down here on my own back from Man City if we could sign him. That 09/10 season, when he got 10 or so goals for us and something like 15 assists, will live in my memory as one of the best season's I've ever seen from a Villa player.

He's still a quality player and would improve us no end.

I'll share the load pal, by share, I mean you do the first 75 mile I'll take over at spaghetti junction.  My knees are getting on you see  :P

According to Daily Mail, Ba's move to us is dependant on Mangala moving to Man City or Chelsea.  If he doesnt move then Ba will come to either us or Sunderland.

We won't be in for another central defender. Okore, Vlaar, Baker, Clark. The position is double covered.

Anyway, who was the last player Lambert sign who was also linked to another Premier League club in the week before he signed for us?

There hasn't been one! Lambert signs players who are not on the radar of the other Premier League clubs.

The fact Sunderland is mentioned proves to me this story is nonsense. It's probably Ba's agent inventing competition to generate a higher salary in the event he can move. 

ah milner time!

if someone comes its not going to be milner, but by the sounds of it its going to be someone a little bit special atleast! **** knows who, silent as usual from the club, suprised weve heard this much! :)

I would be very surprised if we were in for a centre half. Okore, Baker Clark and Vlaar are all capable and in Lambert's plans in my view, if more than 2 are out, it's just tough titties really, throw in Herd or lowton in an emergency. 

• Like 2

According to Daily Mail, Ba's move to us is dependant on Mangala moving to Man City or Chelsea.  If he doesnt move then Ba will come to either us or Sunderland.

We won't be in for another central defender. Okore, Vlaar, Baker, Clark. The position is double covered.

Anyway, who was the last player Lambert sign who was also linked to another Premier League club in the week before he signed for us?

There hasn't been one! Lambert signs players who are not on the radar of the other Premier League clubs.

The fact Sunderland is mentioned proves to me this story is nonsense. It's probably Ba's agent inventing competition to generate a higher salary in the event he can move.

Wasn't Westwood wanted by Swansea?

Wasn't Westwood wanted by Swansea?

Okore, Chelsea?

Fulham were in for Benteke

Have you got a link for that? Not that it matters.

I know Arsenal had scouted Benteke but it seemed to me we plucked Benteke from nowhere, he would have stayed in the Belgium league until January 2013 if it wasn't for Lambert.

I know Arsenal had scouted Benteke but it seemed to me we plucked Benteke from nowhere, he would have stayed in the Belgium league until January 2013 if it wasn't for Lambert.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308363/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-love-Christian-Benteke-Dimitar-Berbatov-upfront.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308363/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-love-Christian-Benteke-Dimitar-Berbatov-upfront.html

Thanks. That shows Benteke had interested Fulham but it doesn't show there was a media rumour of Fulham and Aston Villa interested in him before we signed him. I don't think there was any rumour about anyone signing Benteke before hand.

BTW I liked this part of the article...

The Fulham manager has a soft spot for Villa. In 1982, when he was playing for midlands rivals West Brom, Jol sat with the Villa fans for their European Cup final triumph over Bayern Munich in Rotterdam.

'I saw Aston Villa winning the European Cup,' Jol said.

'I was at West Brom and they are big rivals so I kept a low profile as I couldn't get another ticket. I kept my head down with a cap on. I was at the back of the stand.

'It is a big, big club in Birmingham, number one there, and I always liked them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308363/Fulham-boss-Martin-Jol-love-Christian-Benteke-Dimitar-Berbatov-upfront.html#ixzz2dO8M3uAP 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook