Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Just on Belhanda, seems the President of Dynamo has come out and said he is their player and that is final.

"We are discouraged by the appearance of such information, especially from such a prestigious magazine - said Semenenko. - We're discouraged, and the player himself. Seeing this information on the Internet, he did not know what to say, where did this information come from? Belhanda has already signed a contract and is a full-fledged Dynamo Kiev player. Younes now back to France for things, then begin to prepare for the new season in the Kiev club. Belhanda is eager to prove himself in the Dynamo, and anything else is not thinking."

That puts a nail in it. 

all the criticism of Belhanda is a bit rich in my opinion. Look at Benteke last year he acted like a word removed at Genk to get a transfer

The important difference from our perspective was that Benteke was desperate to join us. Belhanda wasn't. No-one's saying Benteke behaved perfectly, but he made a bee-line for us and Belhanda went to the Ukraine.

That is rather assuming that he had the option to join us, I don't believe he ever did.

Which doesn't invalidate the point I was making about Benteke. Less-than-impeccable behaviour but at least he was gonna bust a gut for Villa; and did.

Now that it's over, I'm actually relieved we aren't signing Belhanda. Doesn't look like he has his head screwed on right, and it's not just about the rumour regarding his unhappiness at Kiev either.

This guy is quickly becoming to appear as another Stephen Ireland. Maybe we should change his name to Bellender.

Edited by MagicMushroom

Just on Belhanda, seems the President of Dynamo has come out and said he is their player and that is final.

"We are discouraged by the appearance of such information, especially from such a prestigious magazine - said Semenenko. - We're discouraged, and the player himself. Seeing this information on the Internet, he did not know what to say, where did this information come from? Belhanda has already signed a contract and is a full-fledged Dynamo Kiev player. Younes now back to France for things, then begin to prepare for the new season in the Kiev club. Belhanda is eager to prove himself in the Dynamo, and anything else is not thinking."

That puts a nail in it. 

The nail has been in it for about a month now...

• Like 1

all the criticism of Belhanda is a bit rich in my opinion. Look at Benteke last year he acted like a word removed at Genk to get a transfer

The important difference from our perspective was that Benteke was desperate to join us. Belhanda wasn't. No-one's saying Benteke behaved perfectly, but he made a bee-line for us and Belhanda went to the Ukraine.

That is rather assuming that he had the option to join us, I don't believe he ever did.

Which doesn't invalidate the point I was making about Benteke. Less-than-impeccable behaviour but at least he was gonna bust a gut for Villa; and did.

No it doesn't, but you were suggesting there was a difference between Benteke and Belhanda in regards their eagerness to join us when the two situations are entirely different. We had made a confirmed bid for one and not the other so the two aren't really comparable.

I can't see what Belhanda is supposed to do to join us if we never followed up our initial enquiry with a bid once the price was quoted.

No it doesn't, but you were suggesting there was a difference between Benteke and Belhanda in regards their eagerness to join us when the two situations are entirely different. We had made a confirmed bid for one and not the other so the two aren't really comparable.

I can't see what Belhanda is supposed to do to join us if we never followed up our initial enquiry with a bid once the price was quoted.

Yes in the Belhanda instance I was talking about if he had all of a sudden decided he wanted to join us after having 'joined' Dynamo. That to me would still be worse than what Benteke did.

I think we've done all our transfer in business. Maybe a midfielder will come in, but it's not as if we're short there even after the predicted outs. I'm more than happy with our squad and I'd like to see us give a chance to Carruthers, Gardner and Johnson.

Here's how that occurred.

1. Notices Villa have signed two Danish players. Notices we sign young players.
  2. Opens up FM2013
  3. Player search > add filter > nation > Denmark > age - is at most = 24
  4. Randomly picks a player from the list.
  5. Post as ITK on Twitter.
  • Like 2