youth police and crime commissioner

mottaloo

Am I the only one to have thought the first words out of this girl's mouth on the tv interview was going to be something like :

"Yeah but no but yeah but no but sharrrrrapppp!!! I was never near no Twitter feed !!!"

Jeez......is there no hope for this country with appointments like this ???

As bad as I think the idea is, I think she's been treated rather unfairly. Digging out some old quotes on Twitter, and they're not even that bad.. 

A 17 year old who likes sex? Shock horror. Frustration at an Indian Call Centre - cause none of us have ever felt the same?

It's the cruel world of politics though. Only way to avoid being ripped apart by the press is to either be completely squeaky clean or have powerful people working for you, she had neither, so the press will hound her out of the job before she's able to unpack her Little Britain pencil sharpener from her box.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

anyone got any details on what she tweeted?

Had a quick look but can't find anything. Seems the mail on sunday unearthed this story, but I really don't wnat to go onto their site TBH.

She has quit now.

Just been on the Heil sadly to read the offending tweets. Very tame. Don't see the huge problem TBH, although the Heil obviously wanted to get their teeth into someone.

Didnt believe this was a real position at 1st especially for a salary like that for a 17 year old.

Unfair how she got treated but its typical in the modern society for media to pick up on things

Apparently she made some of those tweets about getting drunk, wanting to do space cakes and wanting to be **** when she was 15. She's probably more embarrassed than anything

The thing that struck me when I saw her speak is just how utterly moronic she appeared to be.

Our youth is **** if that is genuinely a typical example. And I say that as 24yo. **** hell.

Edited by Chindie

To contexualise the situation.

Kent's PCC is an idependant with actual experience of Policing. She was the former chair of the Police board-thing that was abolished to make way for the PCC post. In a rabidly Tory county she beat the grinning weasel the Tories put up and they have been chucking knives at her ever since.

Regretably Miss Brown has taken the beating that they have been dying to give to the PCC.

Â