• Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bowery 82)
    • Bent (for Weimann 85)

:D

Just watched Lowton's screamer about 100 times on that gif. Not going to get old anytime soon is it? Wow. The emotion when that went in. Wooowee. Great stuff.

Was that when I picked you up? :D

Haha, yes! :P

Just watched the extended highlights on football first, great stuff

Was at the game and it was an excellent performance, we got what we deserved.

Even at one nil up there was only one team creating chances, we missed golden ones through Gabby, Weimann and Bowery.

They got a lucky goal and I thought here we go I'll take a point, but we got what we deserved thanks to a goal of the season contender. Dramatic ending in front of the away fans!

Stoke looked so poor based on this display, not sure where their next win is coming from.

Had Gabby as MOTM up to 86 minutes 59 seconds but it's obviously Lowton. That goal will be the stuff of legend for many a year to come. Great assist for No.1 as well.

This was by no means a good performance but the important thing is that we didn't collapse in a heap when they got their equaliser, Lambert remembered he had some players with premier league experience on the bench and put them on, and we fought back into the lead with immense spirit. I think that result gives us a bit of momentum to carry us through the last 6 matches. I'm more confident we can stay up now.

If you think this was by no means a good performance then you were clearly not at the game.

• Like 1

The thing is, this gets the Liverpool result out the system and hopefully we kick on with a win vs fulham which is still a MUST win game Bearing in mind the week after its Utd away.

:D

Just watched Lowton's screamer about 100 times on that gif. Not going to get old anytime soon is it? Wow. The emotion when that went in. Wooowee. Great stuff.

Was that when I picked you up? :D

Haha, yes! :P

Just watched the extended highlights on football first, great stuff

I saw myself going mental at the end. Bloody brilliant away day. If you're going Norwich let me know! :P

Had Gabby as MOTM up to 86 minutes 59 seconds but it's obviously Lowton. That goal will be the stuff of legend for many a year to come. Great assist for No.1 as well.

This was by no means a good performance but the important thing is that we didn't collapse in a heap when they got their equaliser, Lambert remembered he had some players with premier league experience on the bench and put them on, and we fought back into the lead with immense spirit. I think that result gives us a bit of momentum to carry us through the last 6 matches. I'm more confident we can stay up now.

If you think this was by no means a good performance then you were clearly not at the game.

I watched every second of it on my laptop. Knowing whether it is a good performance isn't really linked to being at the game (in fact sometimes being at the game and getting swept up with the emotion of the crowd can cloud that judgement). I've watched enough football in my life to know what a good performance is and this was a poor quality match in which, thankfully, Stoke were more dreadful than us.

It was a great win, yes. We showed much more desire to win, yes. Indescribably great goal from Lowton, yes. Good match? No. I don't want to see Villa scrabbling around at the bottom of the table any more and I want to see us playing better quality football with better quality players.

We did play quality football at times though. We completely dominated the game apart from 10 minutes in the 2nd half and even the pundits who normally can't say a good word about us focused more on how we played, rather than Lowton's goal.

In summary, you're chatting absolute shit.

EDIT: And your premier league experience argument is shite. N'Zogbia almost cost us a goal, then put in an average corner for our goal. Bent did nothing. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Was there any aggro before or after.

Nope. We drank with Stoke fans in a pub right by the ground then straight onto the coaches. Some little scrote threw a rock at the coach as we left, but apart from that, nout.

I watched every second of it on my laptop. Knowing whether it is a good performance isn't really linked to being at the game (in fact sometimes being at the game and getting swept up with the emotion of the crowd can cloud that judgement). I've watched enough football in my life to know what a good performance is and this was a poor quality match in which, thankfully, Stoke were more dreadful than us.

It was a great win, yes. We showed much more desire to win, yes. Indescribably great goal from Lowton, yes. Good match? No. I don't want to see Villa scrabbling around at the bottom of the table any more and I want to see us playing better quality football with better quality players.

I never said it was a good match, that wasn't the argument.

A game where you go to Stoke (who have lost only twice at home all season) dominate possession and have about 5 clear cut chances to their 1, is a good performance.

• Like 1

I think Baker deserves a few more votes just for taking one to the face for the team.

Baker taking one for the team....you could say...

...it was the yeast he could do...

...he certainly rose to the occasion...

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

There's one thing you can about him, Baker dozen't shy away from things

There's certainly a grain of truth to that statement.

He certainly earns his crust.

• Like 1

Â