• Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bowery 82)
    • Bent (for Weimann 85)

Just got back, oh my need a sit down after that

That Lowton goal was special, absolute carnage when it flew in. The kind of goal you would see once every 10 years

Normally, when another team equalizes, I always fear the game is finished for us. Not only did I love Lowton's incredible goal, but I love how it didn't stop there. Rather than kicking back, trying to just keep hold of a 1 goal lead, we pressed on and hammered home another. This is so much better to see, giving everything until the final whistle. I feel confident, and if we continue playing for the entire game, like we did today, we can easily grab another 2 wins, possibly more and even finish at a decent place in the table!

£30m! Did we bring them on twice?

You're right, recent times have not been in keeping with our expectations for this wonderful club - the players you seem to like are the root cause, the manager you're not so keen on is one of the main reasons for hope of a better future.

Blind love will kill you, And land you a fat'n in the end pal!..

Just got in. 

WHAT. A. GOAL.

Fully deserved victory too, played them off the park. Won the scrap in the middle of the park which I didn't think we wouldn't and then just played some brilliant stuff at times. **** get in there.

Tony Pulis on the penalty they could have had for handball "I don't know what the rules are about handball, but I've seen those given".

How can a Premier League manager not know the rules of the sport for **** sake. Ridiculous.

The match wasn't shown live here and I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so I had to delay gratification until now.

WOW.

Great first half, we bossed it, Stoke looked lost. Still, the whole second half I was on pins and needles waiting for them to equalize, which I was sure they inevitably would. Once Kightly's goal went in, I admit it, I despaired and feared the worst. I even fast-fowarded the DVR for a little while, not wanting to watch what I was sure would be the usual display of heads dropping, panicking, running around like headless chickens, etc.

I finally slowed it back down to real time in time to see the corner that led to Lowton's goal -- ball went into the box, it looked like Stoke had cleared it, so I looked down to tie my shoe, and next thing I knew the announcer was bellowing "OH WHAT A GOAL FROM LOWTON!!!!" I was so peeved to miss it, even thought it was on the DVR and I could (and did) easily run it back to watch it again. And again. And again. What a beauty.

Then Benteke's 4 on 1 coolly slotted in ball for the 3rd in stoppage time, I ran through the apartment waving my hands in the air like a looney, scared the crap out of my cats.

Huge result. Huge. I'm so glad the players didn't give up hope like I did when Stoke equalized. First win away at Stoke since '84? Massive!

Chelsea, please do us a favor tomorrow and hammer Sunderland. You want Champion's League next year, don't you?

• Like 1

:D

Just watched Lowton's screamer about 100 times on that gif. Not going to get old anytime soon is it? Wow. The emotion when that went in. Wooowee. Great stuff.

:D

Just watched Lowton's screamer about 100 times on that gif. Not going to get old anytime soon is it? Wow. The emotion when that went in. Wooowee. Great stuff.

Was that when I picked you up?  :D

Sorry what was the score again before we removed youth or division 2-3 players and replaced them £30M+ worth of talent for the 27th time?

you would surely expect a bigger impact over 5 cumulative seasons than 27 goals between two thirty million forwards?

oh wait, 7 million (weimann and benteke) have got us 29 goals in 2 cumulative season

i would accept 7 million for bent this season, if we can hang onto weimann and benteke

No pal im not talking about a bigger impact over 5 cumulative seasons than 27 goals between two thirty million forwards...

Im talk talking about the gambles with the starting eleven this season and the only cock we got to piss with... 

Hell man if you wannna go back in time, Lets drag up atkinson and saunders lol

Lambert and lerner are not villa material unless you got blue nose scum expectation...

Beat stoke and it looks like the season is a sucess FFS!.. Pathetic!..

TROLLLLLLLLL!!! Spot the blue nose! Can't stand these filth on our boards. Jog on brainless.

• Like 2

i had this game marked down as one where we could bag a point but all three...feckin brilliant. We just have to hope the results go our way tomorrow but the good news is we are dragging a few other teams into the mix rather than it being either us or Wigan.

Hopefully we are starting to gel and I think if we can beat Fulham next week we are virtually out of it. Just got to keep the momentum going.

Apparently there are a few problems in the dressing room at Sturke.

Pullis fighting naked again? (Obviously still with his cap on)

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa :crylaugh:

Was at the Britannia today and I'm still in shock at Lowton's goal, couldn't believe it at first but certainly did when about 3,000 Villa fans went completely mad around me, hopefully as I was six rows from the front I'll be on MOTD going mad. Was hoping for a point, but to get all three has made it one of the best away games I've been too. 

Guzan - Beast when commanding his own box and in the air

Lowton - I'm still in shock after he scored the best goal he will ever score

Vlaar - Concrete Ron for once, didn't flap under late Stoke pressure 

Baker - My MOTM, the lad is a spartan on the field, the block he took straight in the face was exceptional

Bennett - Much improved from previous displays, had Shotton in his back pocket all day long

Westwood - Won the battle of the midfields and didn't take shit from the monsters e.g. Cameron and N'Zoni(?)

Delph - As Shearer mentioned on MOTD did his job alongside Westy

Bowery - Was in the team to combat Stoke's height and did well, unlucky not to score

Gabby- Congrats on beating Yorke's record with the goal, did well to track back and help out the defense but no need for his dive, I give it a 7.5 :D

Benteke - Not his best game, but still scored his 15th in the league this season

Weimann - Unlucky not to score, good save from Begovic, did all the required running needed

Lambert - Spot on today and was glad to see him bring on Bent and Zog to go for all three points.

Edited by Avflife

Â