• Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bowery 82)
    • Bent (for Weimann 85)

It's my birthday today. Have to work for 12 hours. Kids were in rare bad mood before I left house.

This is now one of the best birthdays ever. That equalizer made me gulp but we pulled it back.

My theme song for the day set to Team America World Police "Aston villa won 3-1 f yeah! Best mother f.in birthday ever - f yeah!"

Absolutely over the moon. Huge grin on my face and a good win on the national. Very happy this evening, I shall enjoy a few rums :)

Red??

Super win, playing well. Chuffed to bits for lambert and the players. Showing a real camaraderie

No mention of us going down this time then.

Sorry what was the score again before we removed youth or division 2-3 players and replaced them £30M+ worth of talent for the 27th time?

you would surely expect a bigger impact over 5 cumulative seasons than 27 goals between two thirty million forwards?

oh wait, 7 million (weimann and benteke) have got us 29 goals in 2 cumulative season

i would accept 7 million for bent this season, if we can hang onto weimann and benteke

Lowton's fantastic goal could be the one that saved our membership of the premier League - great strike and great performance by the team. Very pleased to see Bennett have a more confident performance. Gabby played very well and Benteke continues to bang them in! I really don't like Stoke and their shit brand of football. Lambert has persisted with his possession game and it's paying off! i am much more hopeful for the future. Just need to stay in the Premiership!!

Had Gabby as MOTM up to 86 minutes 59 seconds but it's obviously Lowton. That goal will be the stuff of legend for many a year to come. Great assist for No.1 as well.

This was by no means a good performance but the important thing is that we didn't collapse in a heap when they got their equaliser, Lambert remembered he had some players with premier league experience on the bench and put them on, and we fought back into the lead with immense spirit. I think that result gives us a bit of momentum to carry us through the last 6 matches. I'm more confident we can stay up now.

This is the kind of result that makes me want to renew my season ticket, but we really have got to stop **** up when in the lead. Especially against shit like Ugly Stoke.

Normally at 1-1 we would have capitulated again. Perhaps our lot are starting to learn? We sounded cack again in the second half up til the equaliser.

We need to start killing teams off, and then the players can express themselves without pressure.

OK what I really meant to say was

FUCKYEAHWHATAFUCKINRESULTGETINTHEREBOYS!!!

• Like 3

Bent and Benteke played 25 minutes vs West Ham and 10 minutes today and we have scored 4 goals.

Bennett would of been my MOTM if not for Gabby performance first half

yeah darren bent made such an impact today. really made those two goals.

Bennett MOM? he was asleep for the kightly goal - look at his reaction when kightly scored.

i remember why I stopped posting on here, too many stupid arguments by stupid people for the sake of arguing.

we won today away to Stoke, played well, were the better team and people are criticizing the manager  claiming the inspirational N'Zogbia and Bent saved the day. 

last post on here for a long time again.

Matthew Lowton, you beauty!!!!

Incredible goal, I could not believe my eyes at first, simply stunning

Great team performance, very brave, very determined.

The late conceded goal look like another trademark capitulation, but Lowton changed that all by himself. Shades of Ashley Young at Everton.

Could this be the result that we look back on as the decisive win? I dunno, but what a **** win!

UTV

Sorry what was the score again before we removed youth or division 2-3 players and replaced them £30M+ worth of talent for the 27th time?

you would surely expect a bigger impact over 5 cumulative seasons than 27 goals between two thirty million forwards?

oh wait, 7 million (weimann and benteke) have got us 29 goals in 2 cumulative season

i would accept 7 million for bent this season, if we can hang onto weimann and benteke

No pal im not talking about a bigger impact over 5 cumulative seasons than 27 goals between two thirty million forwards...

Im talk talking about the gambles with the starting eleven this season and the only cock we got to piss with... 

Hell man if you wannna go back in time, Lets drag up atkinson and saunders lol

Lambert and lerner are not villa material unless you got blue nose scum expectation...

Beat stoke and it looks like the season is a sucess FFS!.. Pathetic!..

£30m! Did we bring them on twice?

You're right, recent times have not been in keeping with our expectations for this wonderful club - the players you seem to like are the root cause, the manager you're not so keen on is one of the main reasons for hope of a better future.

• Like 2

Guzan - 9 - Faultless. Brave, decisive, exactly what you need against Stoke.

Lowton - 9 - Perfect play for the first goal. Didn't rush the centre and put it exactly where Gabby needed it. Nothing more needs to be said about his second. Goal of the season to save our season. If he didn't score then we may well have gone on to lose. Fairytale stuff.

Vlaar - 6 - Far too much going back to keeper for no reason. Stood up well and strong though.

Baker - 6 - See above. Bit too Laurel and Hardy with Baker and Vlaar though, not sure why they were so far away from Kightly when he scored.

Bennett - 7 - One of his better games. Tidy and dynamic.

Delph - 7 - Fast becoming my favourite player. Never shirks and is always committed. Not a small amount of skill, too.

Westwood - 6 - Did nothing wrong but nothing amazing either.

Bowery - 6 - I could see why he was there, we needed height for the amount of time Stoke put the ball in the air, due to him we were more competitive pressing higher up. Few wrong decisions.

Gabby - 7 - Gabby never has been and never will be a natural footballer. But he's amazing when he has no time to think.

Weimann - 6.5 - Bit anonymous but should have had a penalty when he was shooting, I think even then Begovic saved it to tip it onto the post.

Benteke - 6 - Strong but out-muscled by Shawcross and Huth, the cheating fecks.

Their first chance came in the 72nd minute. They are a dirty, nasty, awful abortion of a football team and deserve to go down, and keep going down.

I normally agree with your posts as they are generally balance and well thought out, however having just returned from the land that time forgot i have got to say I think Bennett and Westwood deserve higher marks. I voted Westwood as MOTM as he was composed and assured despite the rough house tactics of Stoke, and i thought Bennett had a very good game - as a team we defended their long ball tactics admirably.

Stoke really are a woeful team, we should've put 5 or 6 past them today. At one point Walters and Jones were arguing on the pitch, they don't appear to have any team spirit and even the fans were subdued. We were talking to some of their fans in the car park after the game and they're fearing the worst as the players don't seem to be up for the fight.

I hope for football's sake they drop out of the premiership as they are truly awful and if they are relegated then I take great pride in the fact that we have helped push them through the trap door.

Bent and Benteke played 25 minutes vs West Ham and 10 minutes today and we have scored 4 goals.

Bennett would of been my MOTM if not for Gabby performance first half

yeah darren bent made such an impact today. really made those two goals.

Bennett MOM? he was asleep for the kightly goal - look at his reaction when kightly scored.

i remember why I stopped posting on here, too many stupid arguments by stupid people for the sake of arguing.

we won today away to Stoke, played well, were the better team and people are criticizing the manager  claiming the inspirational N'Zogbia and Bent saved the day. 

last post on here for a long time again.

Bye!

• Like 1

Stoke as a football club are not the problem.

Tony Pulis is the issue . Absolute abhorrent tactics , I hope he is sacked and whipped around the streets of stoke before being crucified.

Trolls are about. People criticising Lambert? Did they watch the game and see how we were in total control for the whole game until they had a little spell around the 70th minute? His game plan was fine. Good work from the manager. Well played Villa. We are growing as a team and it is nice to see, now the young players are getting some confidence. 

• Like 1

Â