• Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bowery 82)
    • Bent (for Weimann 85)

Guzan - 9 - Faultless. Brave, decisive, exactly what you need against Stoke.

Lowton - 9 - Perfect play for the first goal. Didn't rush the centre and put it exactly where Gabby needed it. Nothing more needs to be said about his second. Goal of the season to save our season. If he didn't score then we may well have gone on to lose. Fairytale stuff.

Vlaar - 6 - Far too much going back to keeper for no reason. Stood up well and strong though.

Baker - 6 - See above. Bit too Laurel and Hardy with Baker and Vlaar though, not sure why they were so far away from Kightly when he scored.

Bennett - 7 - One of his better games. Tidy and dynamic.

Delph - 7 - Fast becoming my favourite player. Never shirks and is always committed. Not a small amount of skill, too.

Westwood - 6 - Did nothing wrong but nothing amazing either.

Bowery - 6 - I could see why he was there, we needed height for the amount of time Stoke put the ball in the air, due to him we were more competitive pressing higher up. Few wrong decisions.

Gabby - 7 - Gabby never has been and never will be a natural footballer. But he's amazing when he has no time to think.

Weimann - 6.5 - Bit anonymous but should have had a penalty when he was shooting, I think even then Begovic saved it to tip it onto the post.

Benteke - 6 - Strong but out-muscled by Shawcross and Huth, the cheating fecks.

Their first chance came in the 72nd minute. They are a dirty, nasty, awful abortion of a football team and deserve to go down, and keep going down.

I think it's about time this Gabby not being a 'natural footballer' line gets laid to rest.

What is a natural footballer exactly? Gabby is strong, quick and very good at keeping hold of the ball. He rarely misplaces his passes and uses his attributes to the best effect. To be determined to build on his strengths over the years is commendable.

More often that not, he finds a team mate with his passes, he can run with the ball, cut inside, go down the line...etc.

He's not amazing, but he is a fantastic asset to us and as each season goes by, his decision making is improving. I for one can see a 'footballer' in there.

Yeah, you could argue that being better when you're not thinking is what being a natural footballer is about. But very glad it was Benteke and not Gabby clean through at the end.

Anyway, spot-on post from DM. Saved me a heap of typing 'cause I agree with pretty much everything there.

Big credit to Lambert for the win.

Radio WM said our fans were the best they've seen all season. Could hear them for the whole game. This must have an impact when Stoke fans are booing their side.

Villa fan just on 5live having a go at Savage.  :)

Hope Lambert gave the lads a warning after congratulating them to be honest.

We dominated that game and may not have won were it not for a goal of the season.

We should have been out of sight when that Kightly goal went in.

We won't be hitting half volleys like that in many other games.

Taking chances in attack is just as important as keeping concentration at the back.

Huge huge huge win. Well done men.

Edited by Tomaszk

Radio WM said our fans were the best they've seen all season. Could hear them for the whole game. This must have an impact when Stoke fans are booing their side.

I respect your opinion pal...

However i cant give lambert any credit, Again for the 27th time this season our bench is stronger than the starting 11...

When is this dick head gonna learn that tactics, formations and big players win you games!.. Not big scottish ego's or yes men that lick the owners poo pipe!..

Im sick to fcukin death of scotts and yanks gambling with our hard earned cash and most of all our great footballl club!..We'r  ASTON FCUKIN VILLA! For **** Sake Man!..

However i cant give lambert any credit, Again for the 27th time this season our bench is stronger than the starting 11...

When is this dick head gonna learn that tactics, formations and big players win you games!.. Not big scottish ego's or yes men that lick the owners poo pipe!..

Im sick to fcukin death of scotts and yanks gambling with our hard earned cash and most of all our great footballl club!..We'r  ASTON FCUKIN VILLA! For **** Sake Man!..

WTF!

Not sure if serious or not...

Edited by PieFacE

Please could you give it a rest. We won the game today. The score was 3-1.

Lowton_Goal_1.gif

What are you talking about? Our strongest players are the likes of Vlaar, Lowton, Guzan, Westwood, Benteke, Gabby and Weimann and they all started today.

Only seen the goals, delighted. 

Things are starting to look up. They really are. Only need a couple of wins to stay up and I'm confident we'll get them. 

Keep hold of Benteke, Guzan and Weimann, keep on developing Westwood, Lowton and Baker develop, couple of good signings and we could do some damage next season. 

What are you talking about? Our strongest players are the likes of Vlaar, Lowton, Guzan, Westwood, Benteke, Gabby and Weimann and they all started today.

exactly, that has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen.

The bench was:

• 01 Given   (Guzan much better nowadays, Given is finished at the top level )
  • 30 Lichaj   (Lowton much better)
  • 08 El Ahmadi   (Westwood much better)
  • 10 N'Zogbia  the only one who you could argue deserved a start today, saying that Bowery held up the ball and won the throw for Gabby's goal, and had a decent game overall.
  • 14 Holman  (Gabby & Weimann on the sides are playing great lately)
  • 18 Sylla  (bit of a toss up between him and Delph)
  • 09 Bent  (Just back from injury, and has done nothing of note in the past year, while Benteke & Weimann have been excellent, and Gabby is back to his best)

Do you want us to start playing Stephen (cost Villa 8 million in transfer funds, plus 10 million in salary for 3 years for 1 goal, and about 2 decent performances) Ireland?

Sorry what was the score again before we removed youth or division 2-3 players and replaced them £30M+ worth of talent for the 27th time?

It was our youth/division 2-3 players that scored the winning goals.

Â