• Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Bowery
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for Agbonlahor 74)
    • N'Zogbia (for Bowery 82)
    • Bent (for Weimann 85)

Oh no, not more Baker buns, sorry, puns, I really doughnut see the point.

These things just go in circles. I guess people are getting tired of the hole thing

Edited by Spoony

Sorry to ruin the pun party, but I just wanted to say that this was a very good win. Massive for our survival fight. I missed most of it as I was away celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary. And my stoke fan of a brother was less happy, I can tell. They're in real trouble now. And Matty Lowton, what a beauty. When we needed it the most. Heard about it before I saw it, but no one could really describe it as good as it really was.

we are finally playing like the Villa we are

the villa the players forgot about

It really good to see the nice return to form

Few more thoughts on the match:

1. We finally got lucky with some refereeing decisions! Stoke probably could have a penalty for either of the handball claims. It would have been harsh, but as the saying goes, "I've seen them given." We've had our share of marginal calls going against us this season, good to have a few in our favor this time.

2. I should have mentioned this in my first post, plenty of others have already said so but it bears repeating -- the away support was immense. Real 12th Man stuff. My hat is off to all who were there creating that noise, you guys never let up. Well done. I live several thousand miles away so getting to a match isn't possible for me, but I nearly felt like I was there Saturday.

3. Been watching Lowton's worldy and Benteke's final nail in the coffin a few times over today. Lowton's goal is very similar to the stunner he scored at Swansea -- clearance from a corner, traps it on his chest and then volleyed into the net. But the circumstances surrounding this goal, the context, is what makes it the Goal of the Season for me. I am probably overstating this, and we won't really know until the season is over, but that goal, at that time, might be the one that saves our season. Not just because we beat Stoke and moved out of the relegation zone, but because it gave everyone -- fans and players alike -- that belief. Time will tell. Still lots of points to play for. But I believe.

3a. For Benteke's goal - watch the replays. Watch Begovic as he sees Benteke, Bent, Sylla and N'Zogbia (I think Zog was the 4th, on Benteke's right?) marauding towards him, with the nearest Stoke defender several paces back. Watch Begovic's face as Benteke bears down on him, he is absolutely shitting himself. It's kind of glorious. I don't usually take enjoyment from others' misfortunes, but I'll make a big exception in Stoke's case.

What a brilliant win this was a deservedly so. I really thought we blew it when they equalised late on but brilliant character from the boys and what a goal from Lowton. Was a really good day out and I'm still on a high this morning,lets kick on and beat Fulham now!!!!

Sorry to ruin the pun party, but I just wanted to say that this was a very good win. Massive for our survival fight. I missed most of it as I was away celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary. And my stoke fan of a brother was less happy, I can tell. They're in real trouble now. And Matty Lowton, what a beauty. When we needed it the most. Heard about it before I saw it, but no one could really describe it as good as it really was.

Got a message for your Bro, Pelle -

vpVy4Lm.jpg

:D

:lol: He's really miserable right now. Poor fellow... :P But for his sake I actually hope they stay up cause we're having quite a good time with both teams in the prem. :) But in the end I had to show him Matty Lowtons goal. :D

Btw, it's quite great to read the match threads after the game is won. So many nervous posts in there, jumping the gun quicker than a 14 year old virgin when he gets his own harem full of horny beauties for a birthday present. :)

• Like 1

I think Baker deserves a few more votes just for taking one to the face for the team.

Baker taking one for the team....you could say...

...it was the yeast he could do...

...he certainly rose to the occasion...

Think I'm the only one who considered voting for Baker as MOTM :D

Couldn't watch the game out here in Cambodia but managed to get the highlights on yesterday, what a **** unbelievable once in ten years goal by Matty lowts!! Also absolutely loved the four on one at the end, brilliant stuff! Roll on Fulham I'm going to be in a touristy sea so hopefully will be able to find a pub showing it.

Â