Weekends football 6/7 April

andykeenan

Europa League is hardest competition to predict as if in few weeks Spurs hit a bad form in the league and struggling for 4th AVB might rest players for the tournament. as the glamour is not as high as Champions League some clubs will take the risk.

Definitely.

If they take it seriously (which, as Rev suggests, AVB appears to do) then they could very well win it.

It just depends if that race for 4th becomes the priority.

It would be refreshing to see an English team go all out to win the Europa League though.

I'm not sure I would put Spurs in the race for 4th, I think that is between Chelsea and Arsenal, Spurs look like they will be getting 3rd place to me.

I think you may well be right. But the gap to Arsenal is only 7 points. 2 bad results for Spurs and the gap could suddenly become much smaller.

That's kind of what I meant by the race becoming a priority. If they maintain that gap then they can afford to focus a bit more on the Europa. If that gap suddenly gets eaten into, then that could change.

The situation above appears to be becoming a reality.

Will be interesting to see how Spurs approach the Europa league now that they're not running away with 3rd place anymore.

Assuming they do lose this game, then Arsenal, Chelsea AND Everton could all go above Spurs if they each win their games in hand.

Yes, Spurs fans must be having nightmares about last season all over again. 

Personally I don't think they will have a say in the Europa League, I think they will go out on Thursday whether they are taking it seriously or not. 

Â