Weekends football 6/7 April

andykeenan

Southampton 1-0.

I'm not sure this game has much to do with us now - I think Reading were already down and Southampton will finish top half - on paper it looks like it has some bearing on our position but it really doesn't.

I mostly agree with all of that. I've maintained for weeks that Southampton will pull away from danger and thus are irrelevant to our position - unlike some other teams within a few points of us.

As far as Reading is concerned, they've been in deep shit for a while and need a miracle but the more teams I see confirmed in relegation slots, the happier I'll be. For that reason I don't want to see QPR or Reading picking up anything at all.

I would like to see QPR get at least a point this weekend.

A point I could accept, I certainly don't want them picking up 3.

Southampton 1-0.

I'm not sure this game has much to do with us now - I think Reading were already down and Southampton will finish top half - on paper it looks like it has some bearing on our position but it really doesn't.

I mostly agree with all of that. I've maintained for weeks that Southampton will pull away from danger and thus are irrelevant to our position - unlike some other teams within a few points of us.

As far as Reading is concerned, they've been in deep shit for a while and need a miracle but the more teams I see confirmed in relegation slots, the happier I'll be. For that reason I don't want to see QPR or Reading picking up anything at all.

I'm surprised at that - a point for us and a defeat for Wigan against QPR would be a fantastic weekend for us.

A Wigan win would be a disaster.

Southampton 1-0.

I'm surprised at that - a point for us and a defeat for Wigan against QPR would be a fantastic weekend for us.

A Wigan win would be a disaster.

It's because I have pretty much cast Wigan in with Southampton as a team who will get out of it. They have started their escape run, have got some topspin and have a game in hand. Sunderland, Newcastle, Norwich and Stoke on the other hand...

He is player manager at Barnet.  It caused a bit of a stir when he went there, but his explanation was pretty understandable:

1] He settled in London after he signed for Spurs. 

2] Barnet is quite near his house. 

3] He still likes playing football. 

That's all there is to it really. 

Just watched the football league show and was amazed to see Egdar Davids playing for some minnow . :huh:

Player / Manager at Barnet i think.

He's not actually doing a bad job there either.   Before he made his debut Barnet looked like they were ****, their record was P12, W0, D2, L10.    They have picked up 46 points from 31 games since he joined, they are still only two points above relegation but considering how far adrift they were at one point they probably have the momentum to stay up.   Fair play to the bloke I say. 

Â