Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

The_Rev

No. This is a MUST win game. It's Utd next week and a further dent in the GD.

It really isn't... I'd love a win but it's not a MUST win.

In my view it's a must win

Fair enough, but I personally don't see how you can't view Norwich and Sunderland (not even counting Wigan) as more winnable (or even drawable) games.

A point tomorrow, then a win against Sunderland/Norwich leaves us only needing a point from ManYoo, Chelsea, Wigan, Norwich/Sunderland which is completely doable.

This is a must win as we can't accept dropping points against Fulham, facing the inevitable/predictable gang raping against Man Utd and then hope to get something from Sunderland/Norwich when we come out the other side of a battering. We need points on the board now! 

My argument is, say we don't win tomorrow then we get 0 points next week, then we are back in the mire with just 4 games left. Sunderland at home I reckon will be MUCH harder than Fulham as I see Sunderland winning the derby at st James (football works this way).

The sooner we are safe the better , tomorrow is very winnable hence IMHO it's a MUST win game.

My argument is, say we don't win tomorrow then we get 0 points next week, then we are back in the mire with just 4 games left. Sunderland at home I reckon will be MUCH harder than Fulham as I see Sunderland winning the derby at st James (football works this way).

The sooner we are safe the better , tomorrow is very winnable hence IMHO it's a MUST win game.

1) You never know

2) That's completely based on the other teams around us (who couldn't buy a win), winning.

3) They haven't won at St.James's in ages and they're the worst they've looked since their record breaking season.

4) I agree it's very winnable, but MUST win for signifies it'll be the different between us staying up and going down, when actually the games against Sunderland and Norwich will define that more.

It's more important to win Sunderland or Norwich, because those are relegation rivals.

At the same time, winning tomorrow would take some pressure off these games.

It's impossible to say.

Tomorrow isn't a must win (it would've been had we not beaten Stoke) but it's still really important. I'm really nervous about this one because we're absolutely shocking at home.

Hang on a minute, I thought Sunderland were supposed to beat/draw Man United and Chelsea? "That's how football works" isn't it? At least that was what everyone on here was saying anyway.

It's important to win v. Fulham.  It will be so much better to go into the Sunderland match only needing to draw to keep them below us rather than having to win to get back above them, which is likely the position we'd be in if we beat Fulham.  I can't see Sunderland beating both Newcastle and Everton but I can see them winning the derby and drawing against Everton.  A Fulham draw and ManU loss or draw could put us back below them on goal difference.

A must win, again, how many times has that been said this season. I've already written off the man u game.

I don't think it's a must win. There's far more winnable games coming up.

I'd take a point.

I'd say tomorrow's games is more win able that say Sunderland at home or Norwich away. We can't go into the Sunderland game with added pressure, just get the points to be safe ASAP, starting tomorrow.

Especially as fulham are truly woeful on the road and they'll have 500 passive Guardian readers following them

Sunderland will bring 3000 noisy panel beaters down the M6 to the game

We have a real chance to go up to 14th. 5 points clear of the bottom 3. Everyone else has tough fixtures this weekend.

We have Man Utd next.

Of course it's not 'do or die' but I'd be really disappointed with anything less than 3 points.. Unless it's circumstances like coming back from multiple goals down to sneak a point. But even then I'd be nervous for the next few games.

Fulham is a must-not lose and a must-not-lose-precious-momentum game. We are the only team in the Premier League to have picked up more points away from home than at home which is a bit of a worry but because Fulham have nothing to play for and the crowd will be buzzing after the Stoke victory I still fancy us to nick it 2-1