Grand National Meeting 2013

Xela

Had 4 winners so far in the 2 days. I admit, 2 of them were clear favourites and I know there is no great skill in backing the favourite but I couldn't see past them.

For the National... Imperial Commander and Ballabriggs for me

Snowy, I did it!

Although I think I accidentally put my singles on to win, instead of each way. Which is annoying.

Oh well, might work out well!

Oh, Seabass, King Balthazar and Treacle, by the way. Come on VT

If On His Own actually makes the fences he could piss it but that horse has been battling gravity for a while now. Seabass should place but there is no value. Cappa Bleu would be favourite if it were a Mullins horse and is my tip from the short odds.For some more speculative prices I am going Rare Bob , Roberto Goldback and Quel Esprit who provides a lot of horse at 40/1.

Those are the 6 who will see my money tomorrow

Edited by Brumerican

Now that I think about it, I'm VERY annoyed I didn't put them on Each way. I was bloody looking at the boxes that said "E/W" and forgot to click them.

Bollocks.

I don't suppose Sky let you "edit" your bets?

Edited by Stevo985

Now that I think about it, I'm VERY annoyed I didn't put them on Each way. I was bloody looking at the boxes that said "E/W" and forgot to click them.

Bollocks.

Request a live chat with a customer care bod. I have been able to cancel and replace a bet before. I made the same mistake.
  • Like 1

Snowy, I did it!

Although I think I accidentally put my singles on to win, instead of each way. Which is annoying.

Oh well, might work out well!

Oh, Seabass, King Balthazar and Treacle, by the way. Come on VT

Superb!

Good luck with them.

Adding a third to my previous two selections - Roberto Golback as Henderson's got to win it one year.

Elsewhere on the card, I'd have a look at Planet of Sound in the race before the National (ran really well for a long way in last year's national) and Purple Bay in the bumper (finished 5th in the Cheltenham bumper having been squeezed for room about three out).

Not to my knowledge but I can't say I've ever tried.

Suggestion above sounds sensible as you'd be able to amend it in a shop.

Edited by snowychap

Bollocks.

Request a live chat with a customer care bod. I have been able to cancel and replace a bet before. I made the same mistake.

Nice one!

Left Seabass as to win, but put the others as Each Way.

Cheers buddy

Because I'm the only one who regularly bets in my family I get sent a load of horses to put on usually at a £1ew. By the time I've finished putting them all on its almost impossible that someone wont get a place. What they don't seem to get is that they wont be getting their money back just because they back nearly every horse.

I've got Weird Al in our sweep - I carry a first fence faller, a second fence faller and three deaths in recent years - you might want to stay away from Al.

Also, am I right in thinking that the national is the biggest mug magnet in racing and that if you actually want to have a sensible bet you go with a sensible horse race, not a death or glory two lap fencefest?

I've got Weird Al in our sweep - I carry a first fence faller, a second fence faller and three deaths in recent years - you might want to stay away from Al.

Also, am I right in thinking that the national is the biggest mug magnet in racing and that if you actually want to have a sensible bet you go with a sensible horse race, not a death or glory two lap fencefest?

Weird Al has failed to finish in 4 of his last 5 races so you may be right

Snowy you absolute bastard!!

;)

No wins for me. Friend of mine who knows nothing about horse racing bet a tenner e/w on Aurora AND Cappa Bleu.

Bastard.

Â