Grand National Meeting 2013

Xela

Don't think there is a thread on it yet...

So, the 3 day Aintree meeting starts on Thursday, which obviously includes the Grand National itself on Saturday.

Looking like some cracking races over the 3 days, including Sprinter Sacre in the Melling Chase on Friday. Can he be beaten? 

Who is your tip for the national?

I f**king hate this week. I especially despise Drunken Overdressed Scouse Tart day on the Friday.

All this week means is traffic jams and idiots, hopefully I can work and avoid the racecourse altogether.

May have a good look at the National runners later. Had a brief glance last week but nothing really caught my eye (to be fair I;ve not had a strong feeling about anything in the race since Monty's Pass).

Should be some good races on the rest of the cards.

One tip, as always, is to look around for best prices and best offers. BetVictor are offering 6 places on the National, for instance.

I had chicago grey last year which fell early in the race and I'm having him again this year, really think he has great chance, I'll have another horse aswell but ay had chance to have a proper look yet

I f**king hate this week. I especially despise Drunken Overdressed Scouse Tart day on the Friday.

All this week means is traffic jams and idiots, hopefully I can work and avoid the racecourse altogether.

Sixteen of us are going on a stag-do to Drunken Overdressed Scouse Tart Day on Friday, then heading back into Manchester.

Should be quite an experience!

Ahem..... Point of Order Mr Speaker.

Having been a casual observer of said festivities for a number of years now I am yet to see any Scouse Tart in a state of Overdress.  The reverse more often than not appears to be the exception rather than the rule.

I ask the honorable gentleman to ammend his comments accordingly.

Seabass according to some expert in the paper who studied all the winners in Grand National History and winner most times is a 7 letter word beginning with a certain letter and S was one of them

Seabass is definitely getting bet on now!

I have to bet on Seabass now despite the expert's strange system.

If it wins at 10/1 and I missed out I'd be gutted.

He sounds anything but an expert. :D

Professor at Cambridge University :P

That doesn't make him an expert on the gee gees. ;)

Is the next one he'll be putting forward alliterative double words when their card number is 4.

FWIW, I backed Seabass last year funnily enough (he came third) - mainly because I thought it had a decent chance and because I wanted Ms Walsh to win the race.

Seabass is definitely getting bet on now!

I have to bet on Seabass now despite the expert's strange system.

If it wins at 10/1 and I missed out I'd be gutted.

Exactly!

Might jump on the VT (Balthazar king) band wagon knowing exactly nothing about horse racing.

Skybet (who I have an account with) offering 16/1 and 5 places 'each way'.

£5 *2 for each way = returns £110 if in the top 5. Decent value?

Â