Sunderland

Richard

46 minutes ago, Oaks said:

I still find it ridiculous that some people see this and the Ched Evans case as almost grey areas so not really that serious. It disappoints me.

And in the Venn diagram of the people above and those who shout the loudest and angriest about cutting the balls off of nonces and rapists, there is probably a depressingly high crossover.

Edited by ml1dch
Predictive text snafu
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Stripped of his England caps.  Ehh, does that mean physically taking his caps back, because he did play 12 times for England whether they like it or not. 

• Like 3

I was wondering the other day, has anyone else ever **** up an incredible life more than Johnson?

Premier League Footballer

Millionaire

Beautiful partner

Healthy Daughter

... now doing time for getting an underage girl to suck him off when he could have got any number of others to do it.

Is there anyone else who can compete with this level of **** up?

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was wondering the other day, has anyone else ever **** up an incredible life more than Johnson?

Premier League Footballer

Millionaire

Beautiful partner

Healthy Daughter

... now doing time for getting an underage girl to suck him off when he could have got any number of others to do it.

Is there anyone else who can compete with this level of **** up?

OJ Simpson?

Anywho, a sensible sentence for Johnson, and now he'll find out that they don't really do grooming in prison. Or lube.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Today's lesson.  How to turn a balloon knot into a peeled orange.

More like

How to turn an anus into a bloody, shitty, gaping hole.. filled with semen & pubes because Johnson was been RAPED in the bumhole.

Is that what you meant?  Did you do a metaphor? Oh sorry.. I misunderstood B)

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krisagg75 said:

that's the thing.i'm guessing it's the grooming and subsequent behavior that the sentence reflects.

yeah think it's the grooming ... 6 years seemed "harsh" so I had a look at other cases to see how they compared ... and , well it's hard to say really

the famous grooming cases over the years have seen some get 14 years and some get 3 years for rape ( presumably that's a sex with an underage girl thing rather than prowling the streets in a balaclava)

but 4 years looked to be the average sentence .... I'm guessing he got the extra 2 got being a cock  ... but the appeal is already lodged by all accounts

• Like 1

I'm pleasantly surprised by the sentence, not because i believe its harsh, more that i was fully expecting something unduly lenient. As seems to sometimes be the case with the rich and famous.  

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the sentence, not because i believe its harsh, more that i was fully expecting something unduly lenient. As seems to sometimes be the case with the rich and famous.  

Me too.  I did love his defence's closing arguement, declaring "Adam has really been through it lately, he's lost everything"

Whereas I'm thinking "hang on, the 15(!) year old girl whom was basically made to suck his cock, which probably looks like a soggy twiglet looking at him, has maybe or probably been through more"

• Like 1

I hate the 'hes lost everything' line. 

Firstly because that is all down to his own stupid actions. 

And secondly, what he's lost, certainly from a financial point of view should be irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

It does ask one question

A female teacher had sex with a 15 year old boy 80 times get 2 years after first being given p[robation, Johnson gets 6 years for just oral sex

There is a huge disparity in sentencing between men and women for the same crimes, not something you ever hear mentioned though.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

There is a huge disparity in sentencing between men and women for the same crimes, not something you ever hear mentioned though.

It gets shouted down by certain sections of society, because they deliberately misinterpret any mention of said disparity as being somehow supportive of the guilty male in the case of the former, when it's nothing of the sort.  You're right, but it's a brave man brings it up on t'internet.  Especially within the scope of a case like the Johnson one.

I think Johnson got what he deserved.  But in the case of that teacher it's hard to say the same thing for her.

• Like 1

Â