Sunderland

Richard

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He will get off but even if he goes down for a year 6 months there have been various players not as good as johnson that has managed to find a team to  play for again

Not at premier league level though....Lee Hughes was actually a premier league player when WBA sacked him in August 2004 as they'd just come up again but he had to drop down two divisions to start again at Oldham.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday

This reporter's twitter has all the details included quotes of what Johnson said to the girl and what she said, and all the acts they did. 

It's interesting reading that.

One thing that struck me was it's claimed their first encounter was on Saturday January 17th 2015. Johnson played that day at Spurs so Sunderland can't have got back to the North east until after 11. How did the girl manage to convince her parents she was going to stay out that late, did she say she was going to a sleepover or something?

Edit; Think this report has messed up his dates as he then says they meet again....on December 30th.

Edited by VillaChris

From the Mirror website

Here’s a summary of what happened today:

Kate Blackwell QC opened the case for the prosecution telling the jury Adam Johnson “abused his revered position in society” when he had sexual contact with a 15-year-old schoolgirl “in a way that he knew was both morally and legally wrong”

Alleged victim was a Sunderland superfan who would wait outside the Stadium of Light stadium wearing a football shirt with Johnson’s name emblazoned on the back

The girl contacted Johnson via Facebook and two began exchanging messages, the court heard

They arranged to meet behind a Chinese takeaway and Johnson gave her a signed shirt

Messages reveal Johnson later said he deserved a “thank you kiss”

A second meeting happened in the player’s black Range Rover on January 30, 2015

The pair kissed, with tongues, and Johnson put his hand down the girl’s jeans, the prosecution said

He then stopped and drove to “a more secluded place” where he encouraged her to perform a sex act on him, jury told

Afterwards the pair messaged again with Johnson writing “Just wanted to get your jeans off LOL”

The girl replied: “Next time” to which Johnson wrote “I will last 10 seconds tho lol”

Johnson was messaging his partner Stacey Flounders at the same time, the court heard

She had sent him a picture of their new born daughter to which Johnson had replied “she looks class”

Jury told Johnson researched “legal of age of consent” on the internet

Adam Johnson, 28, has admitted one count of grooming and sexual activity with a child. He denies two further counts of sexual activity with a child.

The trial continues

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I cant imagine many sponsors be happy with their name attached to a paedophile

He's not a paedophile

More a hebephile

EDIT: already mentioned :)

Edited by Xela

I was under the impression he'd picked her up in a club and believed she was 18, how wrong was I. I can't see how he can believe he has any grounds for a defence.

If he has admitted putting his hand down her trousers, and "encouraging her to perform a sexual act on him" it makes you wonder about the 2 charges he is denying. 

The guy is screwed. 

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

So the trial today heard he asked the girl how old she was, she said 15, he then googled the legal age of consent and proceeded to groom her.

This is just a special kind of stupid. Firstly, If you need to know this information then she is to bloody young. Then in confirming she is to young you proceed anyway. 

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

So the trial today heard he asked the girl how old she was, she said 15, he then googled the legal age of consent and proceeded to groom her.

im shocked a football player actually knew what Google was 

He's done, no club would have a convicted pedo on their books.

What an absolute word removed, he had a life style that only a few could ever hope for. A beautiful wag, the birth of his 1st child all while trying to get it on with a 15yr old. A stupid moron who fortunately has been found out before it went any futher.

He deserves everything bad that he will receive.

17 hours ago, V01 said:

I was under the impression he'd picked her up in a club and believed she was 18, how wrong was I. I can't see how he can believe he has any grounds for a defence.

I thought this initially too, then when I saw the grooming charge, I assumed it must've been a technicality due to him admitting he knew her age but that it was still consensual (as consensual as doing stuff with a 15 year old can be), wasn't quite expecting the texts that have come out that seem as if he has actually groomed her and took advantage of her. I just can't fathom why he'd do it. Scumbag.

Â