Sunderland

Richard

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Are they really going to challenge for top 6 with a squad of Billy Jones, O'Shea, Paddy McNair, Seb Larsson, Cattermole, Rodwell, Borini, Watmore etc.

I'd take Cattermole at Villa

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

It's sad to think that this Sunderland team have already clocked up 3 more points than we did last season and they still have 10 games to play :( 

No matter how crap the rest of the team is and no matter how much their manager has lost the plot, they have Jermaine Defoe. We had bloody Gestede, Gabby and Ayew. I'm surprised we got as many as we did in the end. If Sunderland didn't have Defoe it would have been close.

13 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think they will get taken over. My guess is potential buyers are waiting for relegation (similar to us) for various reasons, add the new parachute payments to it and I can't see why they won't be sold. A total rebuild job needed there.

Ellis Short wants 200m for them so I think he'll have to reduce that by about 100m if/when they go down like Lerner did.

• 2 weeks later...

Really is a shame we wasn't able to sign this absolute gem of a manager.

YOU STILL MIGHT GET A SLAP EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE A WOMAN’ – DAVID MOYES APOLOGISES AFTER PASSING CRASS REMARK TO BBC JOURNALIST

moyes-sunderland-britishness

David Moyes has apologised to a BBC Sport reporter after telling her she “might get a slap” during a post-match interview.

Grilling Moyes after Sunderland’s 0-0 draw with Burnley in mid-March, Vicki Sparks asked the Scot if the presence of club owner Ellis Short in the stands added any excess pressure to get a result.

“No, none at all,” replied Moyes, before making the following remark thinking the interview had ended and he was off-camera:

Just getting a wee bit naughty at the end there so just watch yourself. You still might get a slap even though you’re a woman.

Careful the next time you come in.

My how we laughed. Unfortunately for the Black Cats boss, his dreadful attempt at flirting was captured on camera phone.

According to the Guardian, Sparks didn’t file a complaint herself though several of her colleagues were less than impressed.

It is understood Moyes apologised during a telephone conversation.

A Sunderland spokesman then told the Daily Star:

David and the reporter spoke to one another subsequently and the matter was resolved amicably.

The BBC confirmed that Moyes and Sparks had spoken since and that the matter was resolved, with yet another spokesman adding: “Mr Moyes has apologised to our reporter and she has accepted his apology.”

Do you ever get the feeling that David Moyes isn’t quite as witty and intelligent as he thinks he is?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/sunderland/253749/you-still-might-get-a-slap-even-though-youre-a-woman-sunderland-manager-david-moyes-apologises-after-passing-crass-remark-to-bbc-journalist.html

• Like 1

I don't massively see the problem there.  Is it because he said "even though you're a woman"?

Edit:  Although threatening behaviour towards press is of course laughable :D

Edited by bobzy

Listening to the clip it's quite obviously meant as a "joke", but it shows an a man painfully out of touch with the current media (or world for that matter) climate.

Binge watching Mad Men and trying your best Don Draper impersonating an a female member of the media is not the smartest thing to do.

Someone with his experience should know that one would think.

• Like 3

He's apologised, she's accepted it. No need for everyone else to stick their oar in. Its a case of other people getting offended on someone else's behalf. 

Yes it was a stupid thing to say BTW and makes him look like a prick. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not sure if it's in the public domain or not but Moyes once tried to give Big Dunc a slap or two at Finch Farm.... it didn't go very well for him by all accounts as you can imagine.

Bloody hell hes a brave man. Big dunc is a lunatic.

Â