Sunderland

Richard

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just look at that shit.

van Aanholt, Defoe, Kone, Januzaj are okay players but you are right, that squad is bloody horrific.

They also have a shit manager which compounds the problems. If Moyes is still there by the end of November I will be amazed

8 hours ago, KHV said:

van Aanholt, Defoe, Kone, Januzaj are okay players but you are right, that squad is bloody horrific.

They also have a shit manager which compounds the problems. If Moyes is still there by the end of November I will be amazed

Van Aanholt is good going forward but dont think he good defensively. IIRC he got torn apart by Zog and Bacuna in that 4-0 win we had at Stadium of Light

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Didn't Tactics Tim get sacked last year after having 1 win in ten games? Moyes has played 9 won 0 so far, how much longer will he get?

While I agree that a record like that makes your position untenable, I don't think a management team of Dynamo, David Copperfield & Sam Allardyce would keep them up now.  So then it's almost 'what's the point in sacking him?'.  Though I agree that they probably should at least try :)

I still think Moyes was a fool taking that job because of his ego thinking he is too big for championship. We could be swapping leagues next season. Thats why I have so much more respect for Bruce than Moyes, didnt hesitate at the chance to come here and get his teeth into this challenging job. 

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

While I agree that a record like that makes your position untenable, I don't think a management team of Dynamo, David Copperfield & Sam Allardyce would keep them up now.  So then it's almost 'what's the point in sacking him?'.  Though I agree that they probably should at least try :)

If I was ellis short I'd be on the phone to Big Sam to ask him if he interested and if he thought he could get Sunderland promoted next year. Moyes is a busted flush and doesn't do himself any favours with his downbeat, defeatist media interviews.  

• Like 1

Sunderland 2016 look like they're doing a good Sunderland 2006 impression.

I think its their time to go tbh. Wigan initially diced with it 1 year too many, then Villa, its time for Sunderland to suffer the years of neglect of the playing squad that other clubs have.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If Fat Sam returned tomorrow they would stay up.

How can they even have the courage to appoint him after the Adam Johnson scandal?? They would make themselves look like absolute scumbags appointing another crook 

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can they even have the courage to appoint him after the Adam Johnson scandal?? They would make themselves look like absolute scumbags appointing another crook 

Since when have people on football been concerned about that especially when their are tens of millions at stake.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I doubt he's anymore crooked that alot of agents that clubs have to deal with on a daily basis. If he can come in and keep them up then nobody will care how many "after dinner speeches" he does.

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I doubt he's anymore crooked that alot of agents that clubs have to deal with on a daily basis. If he can come in and keep them up then nobody will care how many "after dinner speeches" he does.

Not disputing the agents but he was England manager for god sake he had it all and that bafoon is damaged goods. I hope no-one will touch him, even Sunderland

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not disputing the agents but he was England manager for god sake he had it all and that bafoon is damaged goods. I hope no-one will touch him, even Sunderland

Yeah you are probably right, I mean going to jail ended Barton and Ferguson's career's didn't it and George Graham's never worked again after taking bungs....

Football has no shame, never has and never will.

He will be working again soon enough.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah you are probably right, I mean going to jail ended Barton and Ferguson's career's didn't it and George Graham's never worked again after taking bungs....

Football has no shame, never has and never will.

He will be working again soon enough.

Sadly your probably right

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:26, TrentVilla said:

If Fat Sam returned tomorrow they would stay up.

I think it would even be beyond him.

He was already in this time last year and had won a game so you're talking less games and less points to play with plus already looks like you'll need a decent number of points to stay up given 17th is already on 7 points. And last season they still only stayed up by a few points.

Sunderland actually haven't had that hard a start either....Man. City and Spurs the only top teams they've played so far...they've had Boro, Palace and West Brom all at home and West Ham and Stoke away and taken one point from that lot.

It reminds me of us last season when Sherwood wasted so many winnable games early on and then Garde came in just as we hit a hard run of fixtures.

Edited by VillaChris

Â