Sunderland

Richard

I'll take back what I said....

Moyes looks like he dosen't have a clue. How can you a) not start Khazri and b not even bring him on? The guy was a major threat for Sunderland end of last season?

Playing Paddy McNair as a holding midfielder. :lol: Where is Kirchoff?

Big Sam got it right...realised O'Shea is a major weak link at prem level and Moyes starts him again seeing as Kone and Kaboul don't want to play for him.

Sunderland looked a proper relegation team today...but then we've all probably said that at this point for last 5 years. Big pressure on them though with all 3 promoted teams winning games already in the league.

yeah Moyes is a poor manager, a busted flush after his time in Spain and glad we never went for him

his signings are poor and weird and his reliance on old players like O'Shea and Pienaar is just poor. He would have kept Lescott and Richards in 1st team if he joined us

we flirted with relegation for years, occasionally we'd dip in the bottom 3 then win a game to get out of it, Sunderland however have dated, become engaged and then run away from the alter for the last 5 seasons, always in the bottom 3, then change manager then win 7 out the last 10 games to stay up. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Their two best players were their centre backs, they've just sold one and Moyes has banned the other from the ground. Don't look like they're going to spending on the same levels as some of the other Prem teams and now Moyes telling fans that they're going to be in a relegation battle and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Wouldn't be surprised if Defoe moved before the window closes the way things are going for them at the moment.

16 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They remind me of us.

To be honest like us they probably need relegation to sort the club out.

Think they have a poor squad, Defoe aside.

In our case, relegation allowed us to be finally rid of Lerner. Had we stayed in the league I doubt we'd have Dr. Tony today.

In Sunderland's case I don't think there would be a silver lining to the cloud. I'd be gutted to hear whilst the transfer window is still open, our manager say we'll be involved in a relegation fight. Imagine that after 2 games. That's a loser mentality right there.

Asked about supporters fearing another season-long struggle, he said: "Well, they would probably be right.

"That's where they've been every other year for the last four years, so why would it suddenly change?"

Moyes added: "I don't think you can hide the facts. People will be flat because they are hoping that something is going to dramatically change - it can't dramatically change, it can't."

That's some stone-cold awful shit right there. If the squad isn't good enough then you'd think they would hope to add to it whilst the window is open, but it looks like he's just given up already.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37150006

• Like 1

The man is negativity personified.  He did the same at United, playing down their chances all the time.  And to think he was my #1 choice for Villa.  I am really glad we didn't get him now.  Can you imagine the kind of transfers we'd have got instead?  Ugh.  Dodged a serious bullet there.

• Like 3

I think they could potentially finish on a similar number of points to us last season. You look at their squad and its set up in a very similar way.

Full of players who didn't make it at a big club and are only playing in the Premier League based on past reputation, and earning big wages because of it (for  Djilobodji, McNair, Rodwell, Borini read Lescott, Richards, Sinclair, Richardson).

Then they have the next level of player down where they have older players on big money with no resale value (for O'Shea, Pienaar, Defoe read N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor)

I think at the moment only one player (Defoe) would improve our current starting eleven, and even then I wouldn't take the gamble as it would feel like a throwback to darker days. Watmore looks a good player, but Sunderland fans already see him as the next messiah even though he isn't the finished product yet (Grealish anyone?)

Plus in David Moyes they have a manager whose personality makes Paul Lambert look like he is on hippy crack!!

• Like 1

I wanted Moyes as well but Sunderland have looked really poor to me and he just seems very negative with his tactics. Also odnt like the way he is talking down sunderland already.

Maybe we did get a lucky escape...we will see at end of the season

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'll take back what I said....

Moyes looks like he dosen't have a clue. How can you a) not start Khazri and b not even bring him on? The guy was a major threat for Sunderland end of last season?

Playing Paddy McNair as a holding midfielder. :lol: Where is Kirchoff?

Big Sam got it right...realised O'Shea is a major weak link at prem level and Moyes starts him again seeing as Kone and Kaboul don't want to play for him.

Sunderland looked a proper relegation team today...but then we've all probably said that at this point for last 5 years. Big pressure on them though with all 3 promoted teams winning games already in the league.

Khazri came back looking like a teletubbie tbf

4 hours ago, BOF said:

The man is negativity personified.  He did the same at United, playing down their chances all the time.  And to think he was my #1 choice for Villa.  I am really glad we didn't get him now.  Can you imagine the kind of transfers we'd have got instead?  Ugh.  Dodged a serious bullet there.

we would probably have Tony Hibbert at full back, probably the only right back who is worse than what we currently have :P

comments sound like realistic comments to me. if he said "we will try finish mid table"...he will have shot himself in the foot and we will be in this thread saying not a chance they will finish mid table and hes deluded. their best cb wants to leave and not play. Doubt theres a significant injection of cash which will undo all their previous poor spending and over take teams above them. he definitely should be using money to go into foreign leagues more but its still incredibly difficult market when you got 20+ teams scouting every team out there

theyve had how many managers in the past 5/6 years? and every year theyre in a relegation battle. 
if anyone realistic thinks a manager after 1 window should be pushing a team up multiple positions than youre going to be let down

expecting him to be all "happy clappy" (just using this term because of recent use on the forum and find it funny) and treat fans like complete idiots is much worse.

the "size of the club" is pretty insignificant when hes had 1 window and nothing changed from previous years

Edited by gharperr

6 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

In our case, relegation allowed us to be finally rid of Lerner. Had we stayed in the league I doubt we'd have Dr. Tony today.

In Sunderland's case I don't think there would be a silver lining to the cloud. I'd be gutted to hear whilst the transfer window is still open, our manager say we'll be involved in a relegation fight. Imagine that after 2 games. That's a loser mentality right there.

Fair point

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

What a ridiculous statement by Moyes. The size of Sunderland they should be looking for mid table at least. To go in with that negative mindset after 2 games is pathetic. I am glad he is not at Villa. 

What has the size of the club got to do with it. They have been trying to clear the books for the past 5 years just like us. They have signed Mcnair and Pienaar ffs, that is how desperate they are. 

Moyes shouldn't have said it but he is perfectly correct. They have a dire 11, a dire squad, a clueless owner and a decade of mis management behind them. 

They are a shit show that have continually pulled off the great escape since O'Neill first took charge.

Â