Sunderland

Richard

I'm still not so sure about Sunderland's survival campaign just yet. They are playing better for sure under PDC. But last Sunday was a derby where any kind of result can happen, and Newcastle looked jaded to say the least.  And to be fair, Newcastle should have scored a few too. Cisse missed 2 sitters and they had a goal disallowed. 

Edited by PieFacE

They looked pretty drained after the shift they put in against Newcastle, wouldn't be surprised if they are fairly lacklustre in their next couple now, despite the obvious importance of every game. It is essentially still an O'Neill side after all.

That balls to the wall display that has got everyone on here so jittery could in an odd way be what eventually costs them.

Edited by flamingsombrero

They looked pretty drained after the shift they put in against Newcastle, wouldn't be surprised if they are fairly lacklustre in their next couple now, despite the obvious importance of every game. It is essentially still an O'Neill side after all.

That balls to the wall display that has got everyone on here so jittery could in an odd way be what eventually costs them.

I hope you're right.

Would love to see Di Canio relegated. He's another media favourite.

They love the fact that he's box office, so they love him in the same way you might love poking a bear with a stick from a safe distance.

hahahaha your having a laugh?

If he was a media favourite he wouldnt have had a week of bullshit questions from the media which have nothing to do with his job

That's what I thought, but the coverage on Sunday was incredibly biased. They loved seeing him do well.

• Like 1

I think Sky flip both ways to be honest. Yes they were gushing over Di Canio on Sunday , equally once it goes tits they'll be foaming at the mouth watching PDC meltdown.

The only exception is Rednobb who appears to be escaping any voyeuristic glee at present.

The knives are out for us though for sure hence why their broadcasting all our games. Fully expect the Norwich game to be switched then it's a full house of our run in on tv.

I really think both teams will not be safe by the time that fixture comes around. I just hope we only need a draw. I think Sunderland will be safe unfortunately. I don't like Di Canio but he has given them a lift.

hahahaha your having a laugh?

If he was a media favourite he wouldnt have had a week of bullshit questions from the media which have nothing to do with his job

That's what I thought, but the coverage on Sunday was incredibly biased. They loved seeing him do well.

that was only cause they had that prick Quinn in the studio

I think Sky flip both ways to be honest. Yes they were gushing over Di Canio on Sunday , equally once it goes tits they'll be foaming at the mouth watching PDC meltdown.

The only exception is Rednobb who appears to be escaping any voyeuristic glee at present.

The knives are out for us though for sure hence why their broadcasting all our games. Fully expect the Norwich game to be switched then it's a full house of our run in on tv.

Surely they can't switch the Norwich game at this late stage, CI? We've sold well over a 1000 tickets.

I find it odd how you say that Sky have the knives out for us when they broadcast our game live on television. Isn't that a good thing? More exposure (albeit maybe for the wrong reasons)?

Over here, people would love for more live football to be broadcast.

I find it odd how you say that Sky have the knives out for us when they broadcast our game live on television. Isn't that a good thing? More exposure (albeit maybe for the wrong reasons)?

I think it's based on the superstition we always lose when we're on TV.

A load of nonsense if you ask me, I'm not putting my shirt on until I get in to the ground so no one needs to worry anyway.

I assume you never read any of his posts ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

DiCanio: "I went to St James' Park without any sort of worry - you can't imagine I would be worried at Villa Park, with all respect."

Looks like a couple of the old cliches apply here... Dick-anio has done Lambert's team talk for him, pin that quote up in the dressing room etc. Cock. Would love us to be the team to wipe the arrogant, fascist smirk of his face.

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

Â