Sunderland

Richard

On 31/05/2018 at 15:55, TheAuthority said:

Fame at last!!

Haha Yeah! Crazy thing is i nearly started as a Sunderland Youth Scout last September with 3 others but nothing came of it in end was handpicked! I know they don't have any scouts at present! Think they abandoned the idea as Ellis Short was trying to sell the club!

No doubt the new guy Stewart Donald will build them back up from scratch! Everything is in place for them to do what they did when they signed Kevin Phillips In League 1 all those years ago and get back into Prem in no time at all (What a signing Phillips was back then) if they get it right.

They are selling NDong, Khazri (Remember when Garde wanted him) and few others and should rake in around 20mil euro's for NDong, Khazri and Lamine Kone.

If they spend that wise on likes of the Coventry kids (Bayliss & Shipley) and also look at Jodi Jones (If over his injuries) Jordan Poncticelli, Lee Burge! Coventry have so many that can make them millions back for themselves or whoever buys them. Few lads at Walsall namely Bakayoko, Oztumer, Kory and Liam Roberts

Basically buy all the best players in division i can see them steamrolling that League and be a force in Championship as i know my old gaffer will bring through and purchase good young players and will play attractive football that will impress all the neutrals! If gets the transfers right with the money they get for those players that don't want be there and some of the suggestions above no reason in 4/5 years that they won't be mid prem again! 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

20 million might be bit too much, I think the Lamine Kone boat has sailed, they be lucky to recoup 2 million for him as his attitude stinks. Ndong as well got no game time at Watford who were dreadful when he was there. 

Luckily Papa Djilibodji is still on the books 

My old gaffer went in too late for him a few days ago and he was already close then to agreeing a deal with Bolton!! Suggested him when i got the job last December and went to five Walsall matches where he stood out! Reading on their forum and few  of their fans are gutted but majority have never heard of him lol

Interesting see how he does in Championship, see no reason why he can't do a Gary Madine (free last summer and then they sold him to Cardiff for £6mil in Jan) 

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/6/4/17424892/transfer-update-man-dubbed-the-turkish-messi-linked-with-a-free-transfer-move-to-sunderland

Jack Ross may only have been officially confirmed as Sunderland manager last week but with pre-season training a little over three weeks away, he will have to get to work shaping the squad for a promotion tilt next season and, according to Sky Sports, he is showing an interest in soon-to-be out of contract Walsall playmaker Erhun Oztumer.

The diminutive Oztumer has been a standout performer for the Saddlers in recent years, to such an extent that he was named in the PFA League One team of the season for two consecutive campaigns.

Standing at just 5’3”, he is currently the smallest player in the Football League but he racked up 17 goals and seven assists last season and 15 goals and seven assists the season before.

So, as he’s a proven attacking asset at the level we find ourselves in, is on a free transfer and is still only 27, you can see why he’d be such an attractive proposition for Ross.

If Sunderland are to sign the player however, they will need to be quick as reports in Bolton suggest that the Wanderers are confident that he will sign for them in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Coton "The lack of investment into the team since Steve Bruce has been in charge was a disappointment because we were putting in the work identifying players and we were only able to get loans in"

Oh yes, he will love it at Sunderland then, they are really going to be splashing the cash around now!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Tony Coton "The lack of investment into the team since Steve Bruce has been in charge was a disappointment because we were putting in the work identifying players and we were only able to get loans in"

Oh yes, he will love it at Sunderland then, they are really going to be splashing the cash around now!

It's very weird. Definitely seems like a backwards, at best sideways move.

10 minutes ago, Hornso said:

It's very weird. Definitely seems like a backwards, at best sideways move.

He's a former Sunderland player, which is perhaps part of the reason the job appeals. Although I don't think he was there long. Also a former nose, so....

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The Sunderland fans are loving my old boss Jack Ross! Said on here he would do a good job down south and Villa should have look at him!

He has been compared to Fergie by man himself very articulated guy!

Expect Sunderland to win the league no issues... due to Attacking Football Ross plays:-

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/love-the-style-of-play-under-jack-ross-absolute-joy-to-watch.1442589/

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/posts/28186552/

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

The Sunderland fans are loving my old boss Jack Ross! Said on here he would do a good job down south and Villa should have look at him!

He has been compared to Fergie by man himself very articulated guy!

Expect Sunderland to win the league no issues... due to Attacking Football Ross plays:-

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/love-the-style-of-play-under-jack-ross-absolute-joy-to-watch.1442589/

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/posts/28186552/

I am pleased for Sunderland they have had it bad for too long.  Great club.  If your man does well for them there is always the chance we will get him further down the line!

38 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I am pleased for Sunderland they have had it bad for too long.  Great club.  If your man does well for them there is always the chance we will get him further down the line!

Cheers mate! when i started at club i watched his interviews, tactics, some of their games and was highly impressed has all the tools to go to the top!

Will be watching with interest this season. Sunderland fans normally have nothing good to say so suprising see majority of them happy

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Djilibodji returns to training 72 days late. Dickhead

Amazes me that this deal was never scrutinised

There record signing Ibrahim ndong has also refused to return to the club. 

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Without doubt the only club to have a worse transfer policy/record than us in recent times....and that's really saying something 

Ellis Short was actually worse than Lerner though Xia was worse than both 

Â