Sunderland

Richard

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody hell coleman is absolutely crazy. I knew they would have new guy in just before they play us. Coleman is terrible at club management level though

He did fine at Fulham. Over a decade since he was there and he knew the club.

Last English club job was Coventry and he was sacked by them.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody hell coleman is absolutely crazy. I knew they would have new guy in just before they play us. Coleman is terrible at club management level though

He's not but, also, his experience with Wales will have helped immensely.  It's a great appointment by them (on paper etc.).

32 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's not but, also, his experience with Wales will have helped immensely.  It's a great appointment by them (on paper etc.).

So was grayson apparently. I get he wants a job in club management but Sunderland? Thats career suicide potentially for him 

• Like 1

Worth remembering though he just can't call up Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen anymore so will be working with much poorer players.

I would be very worried if I was a SHA fan right now. Coleman will surely get some results initially with Sunderland if nothing else (hopefully not v us though), Bolton are on a really good unbeaten right now and have improved a lot so looks like Burton are only certain relegation team and they are still decent at getting results against teams against them as they showed beating SHA earlier this season.

"They break yer heart Tom." :D

3 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Hell of a risk. I guess the pay-off is if you do a job at Sunderland right now then it'll do wonders for your reputation... but odds are surely in favour of failure!

If he flops there he won't be able to get another high level job. Too much of a risk for me under short

There was talk at Fulham and Sociedad that Coleman was on nights out more than the players, so that will be interesting with Sunderland's bunch of 'professionals'

International football is a different matter entirely, you come together every couple of months and your main job is to inspire, motivate and instill confidence in a group of players already desperate to do well foe their country. I feel the Wales gig was the perfect storm of good players, one world class player, and the riding of a wave.

He is in for a rude awakening and has just **** his CV. Will be out of a job this time next year and back to Greece, or some other third world footballing nation.

What is it about the Sunderland job that suckers in these managers? It cannot bw just the pay day.

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think Coleman is hugely over rated and will struggle at Sunderland.

Apparently he was demanded a big pay rise for himself and staff to stay in the wales job, when the FAW agreed he resigned anyway.

Other than an average job he did at Fulham over 10 years ago hes been sacked from every job hasnt he?

Â