Sunderland

Richard

Adam Johnson found guilty.

Ex-England footballer Adam Johnson has been found guilty of one count of sexual activity with a girl aged 15.
The jury at Bradford Crown Court found Johnson guilty of a charge of sexual touching, but not guilty on a charge relating to another sexual act.
The former Sunderland player had previously admitted grooming the girl and one charge of sexual activity.
Judge Jonathan Rose has warned Johnson he faces a potential prison sentence of five years.

The judge said his preliminary view was that the case falls into the category of a five-year prison sentence with a range of four to 10 years.
He said: "The defendant must understand there is a very high probability of a significant custodial sentence."

Johnson, 28, showed no emotion as the verdicts were delivered and he has been granted bail until his sentencing, which is due to take place in two to three weeks.

Edited by The_Rev

The judge has already told him to expect a significant custodial sentence of about 5 years based on a preliminary review.

But yes, remains to be seen if that is what will happen when it comes to the crunch

Edited by Xela

The court reporter on sky saying it will probably be 3 years with a year suspended and he will serve half that.

time served will probably be 2 years max.

career over and probably on the sex offenders register for life, what a **** idiot.

He's guilty at the end of the day but I'd love to know if the 15 year girl is really Mother Teressa's successor as her court statement tried to make her out to be or if she had a bit of previous 

I guess even if she did It doesn't change AJ's guilt but I dunno there is 15 and there is 15 I guess ....

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

The judge has already told him to expect a significant custodial sentence of about 5 years based on a preliminary review.

But yes, remains to be seen if that is what will happen when it comes to the crunch

5 year sentence, out in 2... playing football again in 3.

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's guilty at the end of the day but I'd love to know if the 15 year girl is really Mother Teressa's successor as her court statement tried to make her out to be or if she had a bit of previous 

I guess even if she did It doesn't change AJ's guilt but I dunno there is 15 and there is 15 I guess ....

I agree, he has only himself to blame. Saying that, Her messages havent been revealed because of her age, its not clear how much of a come on she's been giving him. We know she sent him a picture of herself in a white bikini at least. 

Of all the people to get caught in this, a millionaire premier league footballer who could pick up any girl in any club is mind blowingly stupid.

• Like 1

I agree a Prem footballer could go out to any nightclub in the country and get a piece of ass. Probably several pieces. The whole affair of being obsessed over a schoolgirl with all those messages and secret meet ups etc is just sad and embarrassing and has damaged a young womans life. What an absolute desperado

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw an article on the Guardian site earlier that stated the judge said it was always AJ who moved the conversation towards sex, and used it to highlight that his actions were  "classic grooming" 

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw an article on the Guardian site earlier that stated the judge said it was always AJ who moved the conversation towards sex, and used it to highlight that his actions were  "classic grooming" 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It doesn't matter if she stripped herself down and bent over in front of him, she's 15, the adult is meant to have some **** self control.

He knew she was underage, and still talked her in to meeting him, told her to delete his messages to stop him getting caught. She was only a year under the limit, but this is a textbook case of grooming, he deserves every day of his sentence.

Mandy smith was 13 and in a relationship with a 47 year old and openly  having sex with him at 14 , some 15 year olds are different to others ... All I was doing was asking a question really 

edit -but having just read the verdict in detail and Johnsons confession I admit my initial question has no foundation and was unwarranted towards and baseless in this instance - sorry 

Edited by tonyh29

Â