Sunderland

Richard

18 hours ago, V01 said:

I was under the impression he'd picked her up in a club and believed she was 18, how wrong was I. I can't see how he can believe he has any grounds for a defence.

I think he's admitted to grooming and the least serious of the sexual activity charges in an attempt to reduce the rest of the trial to a case of one person's word against another, with the hope of making it hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt that anything else happened. If he's found guilty of anything else I'd imagine he's getting locked up, but as it is he could probably get away with a suspended sentence. It's really hard to fathom why he did it, or how he imagined he'd ever get away with it. Not just a nonce but an idiot too.

Meanwhile, Sunderland are minutes away from beating Man U, bad news for us :(

On 2/14/2016 at 09:52, HanoiVillan said:

The most remarkable thing about the Johnson story is how desperately pathetic it all is . . . the rendezvous in the carpark of a Chinese restaurant, the lame, begging text messages, the Google search for the age of consent. 

This cracked me up, but one of the most pathetic parts was the way he reacted to the birth of his daughter by text. "She looks class", like he was talking about a car or something :crylaugh: . And then literally proceeding right after to continue texting the girl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Adam Johnson 'told Sunderland he had kissed schoolgirl'

Sunderland football club allowed Adam Johnson to return to the team despite knowing he privately admitted kissing and grooming an underage schoolgirl, a court has heard.

Johnson, 28, publicly denied for more than a year that he had kissed or groomed the 15-year-old fan, jurors at Bradford crown court were told.

He changed his plea to guilty on the first day of his trial on 10 February, prompting the club to terminate his contract 24 hours later.

However, on Wednesday the jury heard that Johnson admitted at a meeting with the Sunderland chief executive, Margaret Byrne, on 4 May 2015 that he had kissed the girl and swapped messages with her.

...more on link

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

This has to have repercussions surely? 

He admitted he kissed her but did he admit that he knew her age?

I agree that it's totally reprehensible but I'd be absolutely staggered if Sunderland were punished. 

England footballer Adam Johnson continued playing for Sunderland, despite the club being aware he had kissed a schoolgirl, a court has heard.

Bradford Crown Court was told the club's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, met with Mr Johnson and his barrister in May 2015.

She was also issued with a copy of his police interview transcript and that of his alleged victim.

Mr Johnson, 28, denies two counts of sexual activity with a child.

The court heard that at this meeting the footballer was to accept that he had kissed the 15-year-old girl and messages had been exchanged.

In court, his barrister, Orlando Pownall QC, asked: "Was there any discussion of being summarily dismissed by the club? Was there any such discussion in the days that followed?"

Mr Johnson replied to each question: "No."

Mr Pownall asked if he had been present at any decision made by the club with regard to his future, but the footballer said he had not.

I'm guessing this Margaret bird need to follow AJ out the door...

BBC

From the chap sitting in court each day covering the trial for ITN:

Most surreal moment of yesterday - Johnson being shown a picture of his cock by the prosecution barrister and arguing about how hairy his penis is.

Complainant says he had no pubes, you see. Johnson says he was 'trimmed but not shaved'

Barrister - a disconcertingly attractive woman - didn't seem to understand about male pubic hair though. Or maybe her other half is an orang-utan

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

He admitted he kissed her but did he admit that he knew her age?

I agree that it's totally reprehensible but I'd be absolutely staggered if Sunderland were punished. 

He must have as I think this was after the age-googling. As it stands they could have been playing a criminal. If a player was arrested for assault and the club asked them and they said yeah I smacked him one but didn't say that in public there would be a row about it. 

Until the player is tried and convicted in a court of law he can't be deemed ineligible I would presume?

From what I remember last season Johnson got arrested and Sunderland suspended him just before we went there and won 4-0. I'm pretty sure that suspension was lifted so he could play in the run in and he returned a few weeks later, I can't quite recall why Sunderland lifted their own ban on him though other than the case wouldn't come to court for another year.

although wrong and also a serious crime, a lot of men find under age girls sexually attractive. when i say younger i mean 14,15 and i think this has always been the case in the past and present. but these days its a lot more frowned upon. is this peadophelia? im not doubting it is, im just asking peoples opinion. when i hear that word the first thing that comes in my head is men or women doing stuff with babies and infants. i know so many lads who have been with under age girls, and i know girls who slept about a lot whilst under age. at 14,15 people know what sex is and they know what being sexy is, and in this day and age where sex is everywhere from tv,internet,magazines,music etc etc is it any wonder more under age people are having sex. there is so much pressure  on young kids these days regarding doing stuff they should not be doing.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Until the player is tried and convicted in a court of law he can't be deemed ineligible I would presume?

From what I remember last season Johnson got arrested and Sunderland suspended him just before we went there and won 4-0. I'm pretty sure that suspension was lifted so he could play in the run in and he returned a few weeks later, I can't quite recall why Sunderland lifted their own ban on him though other than the case wouldn't come to court for another year.

If he told them he was guilty of some of the charges then they didnt need to wait for the trial.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

although wrong and also a serious crime, a lot of men find under age girls sexually attractive. when i say younger i mean 14,15 and i think this has always been the case in the past and present. but these days its a lot more frowned upon. is this peadophelia? im not doubting it is, im just asking peoples opinion. when i hear that word the first thing that comes in my head is men or women doing stuff with babies and infants. i know so many lads who have been with under age girls, and i know girls who slept about a lot whilst under age. at 14,15 people know what sex is and they know what being sexy is, and in this day and age where sex is everywhere from tv,internet,magazines,music etc etc is it any wonder more under age people are having sex. there is so much pressure  on young kids these days regarding doing stuff they should not be doing.

I knew a number of girls in my year at school 14/15 who had older boyfriends 17/18/19 and were sleeping with them.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No, it's Ephebophilia

Â