Season Tickets 2013-14

jackbauer24

I'm lucky, I have the same people who sat by me last season. Their all quiet most of the time. Can't be doing with people who have to shout every home game!

You're being sarcastic, right?

Fans complain of grounds having 'no atmosphere' or being 'like a library' and then moan about noise near them. I must remember not to take a survey of those around me in K5 the next time I shout my support or go crazy over a decision!

For the big games then yeah but people who get excited for home games like Norwich, Fulham etc do my head in. How can you get excited over the prospect of those kind of games unless you don't regularly go to football? Maybe I just don't care as much anymore, who knows,

TROLL shirley!?

I'm desperate for the atmosphere to improve at VP.  Got my season ticket near to Bigada so I know they'll always be someone singing around me.

Took some German friends to the Liverpool home game last season and was slightly embarrassed.  Despite being a sell out it was one of the most subdued atmospheres I'd been a part of, and mere weeks after the awesome atmosphere at the QPR game.

Edited by Wainy316

There's generally always a decent atmosphere in the North. It just needs the Holte to sing more, it's too quiet half the time. When it gets going like the United game it's great

I'm lucky, I have the same people who sat by me last season. Their all quiet most of the time. Can't be doing with people who have to shout every home game!

You're being sarcastic, right?

Fans complain of grounds having 'no atmosphere' or being 'like a library' and then moan about noise near them. I must remember not to take a survey of those around me in K5 the next time I shout my support or go crazy over a decision!

For the big games then yeah but people who get excited for home games like Norwich, Fulham etc do my head in. How can you get excited over the prospect of those kind of games unless you don't regularly go to football? Maybe I just don't care as much anymore, who knows,

TROLL shirley!?

Yeah clearly a troll :wacko: 

All i said is the people around me are quiet, i prefer that for home games. Away is a different matter though  

There's generally always a decent atmosphere in the North. It just needs the Holte to sing more, it's too quiet half the time. When it gets going like the United game it's great

I agree, the holte end is shockingly quiet for a lot of the games, how many times have us the villa fans moaned about the atmosphere in the holte, wish things were different because when it gets going its almighty loud,

PL-STs-2013-14.jpg

We're luckier than we realise sometimes here at the Villa. We should really be filling the ground up more, especially compared to the attendances at places like Sunderland.

I don't mean to knock our support but when you think about it its pretty poor home and away, we are one of the cheapest clubs in the league to follow and as we are in a central location we do less miles on our travels as a lot of teams, home gates should be more consistent around the 40k mark and our away support can be awesome at times but on a fair few occasions its piss poor, and why we haven't got more season ticket holders I don't know, if we weren't a big club then theirs your answer but even as we are now were still a big club and we have a big fanbase, I think its always been like this at villa and to be fair its a bit of a mystery,

PL-STs-2013-14.jpg

We're luckier than we realise sometimes here at the Villa. We should really be filling the ground up more, especially compared to the attendances at places like Sunderland.

I don't mean to knock our support but when you think about it its pretty poor home and away, we are one of the cheapest clubs in the league to follow and as we are in a central location we do less miles on our travels as a lot of teams, home gates should be more consistent around the 40k mark and our away support can be awesome at times but on a fair few occasions its piss poor, and why we haven't got more season ticket holders I don't know, if we weren't a big club then theirs your answer but even as we are now were still a big club and we have a big fanbase, I think its always been like this at villa and to be fair its a bit of a mystery,

Isn't the away support virtually always a sell out? Agreed that we should attract more home, but then unfortunately, we haven't been successful for a while, and that seems to be a criteria for some fans to attend

PL-STs-2013-14.jpg

Isn't the away support virtually always a sell out? Agreed that we should attract more home, but then unfortunately, we haven't been successful for a while, and that seems to be a criteria for some fans to attend

90% of the time it sells out, and 95% of the time we are very noisy.

I could point to a few occasions last season though when I was sat amongst a fair few empty seats in the away end:

Everton, we took around 1200 fans, failing to even sell the smaller allocation of 1800 that they give

Sunderland, we took around 1100 fans, getting nowhere near the 2000 allocation

Chelsea, we took just under 1k, this one I can understand a bit more as it's £55 to go there

I also don't think we took very good numbers up to Newcastle last season.

Some interesting stats on how we compared with other clubs in filling the ground last season

epl_sellouts_2013.jpg

Number of occasions games were sold out in previous 2 seasons.

epl_clubaverages_2013.jpg

Average attendances ranked per club.

Edited by StanBalaban

PL-STs-2013-14.jpg

That table shows you the economic state of this country. London is basically a separate country in terms of property and wages. Those prices at Spuds, Chelski and Arsenal are eye-watering. £41 min for a ticket at Chelsea?! £123 quid for the best seats at Arsenal. Madness but people keep paying it. Our prices are not bad when you compare it to that.This is probably not a popular comment, but Villa could well charge more for the best seating in the Trinity and Doug Ellis, like something nearer to £600. But I will try to keep quiet about that. Re attendances at Villa. Yes we should have more in. But we have the Baggies, Blues, Wolves, Walsall all nearby plus the likes of Leicester fairly near. Sunderland have Newcastle and thats it. Some decent football and proper marketing, Villa should be averaging well above 38,000 this season I reckon.

Some interesting stats on how we compared with other clubs in filling the ground last seasonepl_sellouts_2013.jpgepl_clubaverages_2013.jpg

I am sorry, what does these charts mean? Labels on axis please!

Oops, my bad.

The green chart is the number of times a ground was sold out in the previous two seasons.

The blue is the placing of clubs in terms of overall attendance for the last season.

I agree about London as the exception, but surely Sunderland, Newcastle, Stoke, Cardiff, Swansea and Everton should be a lot cheaper were is just about economic conditions?

Yes you are right. Its not all  about the economics, but it is a large part. Most of the teams mentioned above are one city/town teams bar Everton which I think does make a difference. Another issue I will chuck in is almost a historic one perhaps, that the fact since year dot at Villa you can virtually always get a ticket before the match so the clamour for a season ticket is less important. It is a unvirtious circle.  Stoke, Cardiff and Swansea are all having probably their best ever periods in their football history. They also play in newish stadiums. I don't have the stats to tell me but I guess at least 70-80% of seats sold are for season ticket holders, so the attendances do not fluctuate like at Villa. Take last season. At the Reading home game we had 28,000 in. At Chelsea it was a sellout- over 14,000 difference. Most other clubs probably have 5,000 max between the lowest and highest league attendance of the season.

I don't know how this will get better other than the simple fact of Villa being consistently good for about 5 seasons. Which probably hasn't happened since the 1890s.

what you need to consider aswell is that ok we might have blues baggies and wolves to contend with and also Coventry down the road plus the east midlands clubs but these clubs are hardly huge, only wolves and forest I consider big ish clubs the others are medium sized, then you go up north and look what everton have to contend with, they share a city with one of europes biggest clubs and also have man utd and man city next door, plus all the other Lancashire clubs like Bolton Blackburn etc etc, man city also have done very well in terms of their support as up until now they aint been very successful but still got huge support, London clubs will always do well because of the huge population, the north east clubs obviously get big support as their aint to many clubs up that area plus its secluded from the rest of the country and other than football their aint to much else up their, we did not sell out last year at spurs,chelsea,everton,liverpool,man city,newcastle,sunderland, and I don't think man utd sold out and 6 of those teams only gave us the smaller allocation, excuse Chelsea for the price and sunderland and Newcastle for the distance but the others not selling out is really something that cant be excused, ok we were shit last year but to only take just over a thousand to everton and city is poor, and to be fair the distance we have to travel to those places aint that far plus most of them were on Saturdays, for all the fans that cant be arsed to go or cant afford to or cant make it for whatever reason a club our size should have the fans to replace them, on our home attendances we are well known for having 42k one week then the next game having something like 33k, apart from man utd and Liverpool I bet we have the biggest percentage of fair weather fans in the league, I think we sold just over 20k season tickets this year and I just cant see how it aint more like 30k, I know we aint really done much of late but surely this huge name of English football can do better than that, but like a lot of villa fans know all this what ive mentioned has always been the norm at the villa, a wolves fan said to me the other day that if villa got the other 90 percent of their localised fanbase to go games we would fill every ground in the midland such to the extent is our support, I think a lot of teams up north and in London underestimate the numbers which support villa, we have a huge following, maybe we need the success to bring them to the villa

I don't think we have to worry about Coventry at present- 200 season ticket holders have braved going to the wilds of Northampton to watch their team this season!  You could probably talk for hours why Villa dont get the  consistently high support they ought to have. Partly I think its expectations as I do think some Villa fair weather fans have unrealisticially high ones. Perhaps they were brought up in the 70/80s glory days, but at present we have no chance at the top. Staying in the premier league is accepted as a given (though last 2 seasons its been a bit dicey!)  and nothing to get exicted about, so unless we can really challenge for the top four and dare I say it the title, some fans just will not bother getting a season ticket. I would say Villa's support is broad, but shallow, if that makes sense. We have about 25,000 hard core supporters and probably up to about 20,000 extra 'floaters'.  Because their are so many other clubs in the west midlands area and we are the top dog, sadly there will be always more 'anti villa' supporters than 'pro villa' supporters around.

But when you look at our programme we have supporters clubs all and down the country and abroad which looks pretty impressive. Also I would say the midlands area have loads of plastics. You can go into Birmingham city centre and see almost as many Liverpool and United shirts than the local teams. That would not be the case if you went around say Newcastle, Sunderland or probably even places like Derby. Put all this together and I would say don't hold your breadth on the North Stand extention!

Â