Steven Gerrard Tells Ref to F***** Off

smetrov

they wont. ref should have had balls to give him a red card as Seedorf was sent off in the week for a lot less.

as for swearing Rooney has done it before straight at a ref same with Ashley Cole and nothing gets done

Not only did Gerrard tell the ref to **** himself, he would not shut up shouting about what was a clear foul and yellow. When I was a kid it felt like refs stood for a lot less of that kind of shit and Gerrard would have been off. In fact in those days (late 80's-90's) they seemed to relish clamping down on the big stars if Gazza's treatment was anything to go by.

I understand that sort of thing is cloud cuckoo land now, due to the favouritism within the game, but I don't get why. What's stopping refs from laying down the law to a word removed like Gerrard when he's screaming expletives in their faces? Would they get an implicit rap on the knuckles from the FA for sidelining a big star? Or is it more of a human psychological thing, getting overawed by the billy big bollocks celeb in the heat of the moment?

Not only did Gerrard tell the ref to **** himself, he would not shut up shouting about what was a clear foul and yellow. When I was a kid it felt like refs stood for a lot less of that kind of shit and Gerrard would have been off. In fact in those days (late 80's-90's) they seemed to relish clamping down on the big stars if Gazza's treatment was anything to go by.

I understand that sort of thing is cloud cuckoo land now, due to the favouritism within the game, but I don't get why. What's stopping refs from laying down the law to a word removed like Gerrard when he's screaming expletives in their faces? Would they get an implicit rap on the knuckles from the FA for sidelining a big star? Or is it more of a human psychological thing, getting overawed by the billy big bollocks celeb in the heat of the moment?

Although the penalty was perhaps the most blatant all season. It seemed to that Gerrard and Suarez had targeted the one lines man - at the start of the second half they were disputing and ridiculing him at every opportunity - gamesmanship I suppose

Â