Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

We kept a clean sheet last time, and I'd like to think that we've improved defensively since then (even if it's just slightly, especially from set pieces), and Benteke is definitely in form.

I hope for the best....this Stoke team is nowhere near as good as Liverpool last week and the players just may be waking up to the urgency of the situation before it gets too late. I'd like to see us grind out a victory similar to the Sunderland away game last November.

However I'm preparing for the worst. We always lose to teams on chronically bad runs, its been happening since time immemorial. Stoke are a **** awful team to play and with their ten meathead cloggers they will go out to cripple our creativity and score from set pieces and the predictable long throw ins. Vlaar and Baker will have to be on top of their games today and not commit any stupid mistakes, but I'm kind of expecting it really.

Basically we need to use our home games to pick up points and make each one like the QPR game. The away fans have been brilliant this season, but Stoke is an awful place to go. You know the ref will protect their meatheads whilst they go out to end one of our player's careers. I just pray they don't target Benteke, bunch of scumbags.

The day Stoke get sent back to their rightful place in the lower leagues will be a great day for football.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

.this Stoke team is nowhere near as good as Liverpool

Wasn't it Stoke 3-1 Liverpool at the Britannia ?

Anyway stoke have only scored 1 in their last 5 PL games

Have a feeling I am gonna get pissed off today, I foresee a individual mistake happening again. Lets hope that we really give everything we got today for 90 minutes, that is the most important thing for me today. Would be fun to see Bent given a try in the second half if he is up for it. No bannan!

Benteke might well get a severe case of Huth rash today.....especially if Bannan plays. But, on the plus side, we've been passing the ball around and moving the play nicely of late, so be interesting to see how Stoke cope with football below shoulder height!

Not the starting XI.

This just from the villa account

@AVFCOfficial: #AVFC: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Bowery, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE