Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

While I admire the positive attitude of most people on here I just cant see us getting anything. Really want us to survive but this is a team that could be 3-0 up and we know its not enough. A team with lower league players and a lower league manager who seem determined to reach their proper level.Totally gutted that the club i've followed for 40+ years has sunk so low that I expect them to lose. PLEASE prove me wrong !!!!

I think this game has draw written all over it.

Although I am very worried about how we handle Crouch.Surely Pullis will be telling the Stoke players that he is expecting to win the game from corners ?!

• Like 1

Lambert needs to get the tactics spot on. Stoke will just launch the kitchen sink at every opportunity at our defence. They will try to bully our midfield and Huth / Shawcross and their other Orks will try and injure Weimann gabby and Benteke.

I'd play as physical a side as we can, so drop Bennett recall Clark and push Baker to LB. Bowery for extra height may be an option if Weimann is out ? Though it's about time we gave NZogbia a full game.

Agree with pretty much all of this. We got royally stuck into Stoke when we played them at our place - we were very physical and didn't give them an inch. Unfortunately we couldn't muster up any opportunities either. Do we accept the physicality of this game and bring in Delph to (along with Sylla) try and combat their midfield? Or do we take a more positive approach and play Nzogbia as a creative outlet?

Lambert needs to get the tactics spot on. Stoke will just launch the kitchen sink at every opportunity at our defence. They will try to bully our midfield and Huth / Shawcross and their other Orks will try and injure Weimann gabby and Benteke.

I'd play as physical a side as we can, so drop Bennett recall Clark and push Baker to LB. Bowery for extra height may be an option if Weimann is out ? Though it's about time we gave NZogbia a full game.

Agree with pretty much all of this. We got royally stuck into Stoke when we played them at our place - we were very physical and didn't give them an inch. Unfortunately we couldn't muster up any opportunities either. Do we accept the physicality of this game and bring in Delph to (along with Sylla) try and combat their midfield? Or do we take a more positive approach and play Nzogbia as a creative outlet?

First and foremost we need to earn the right to play through hard graft, so should start with Sylla and Delph for this game with Baker LB.

Then for the last half an hour bring on the likes of CNZ when it's hopefully still tight at 0-0 or 1-1 and get the winner.

If we play like we did for the majority of the first half against Liverpool, we can easily squeeze a win out of this. It's gonna need us to just feed Benteke the ball as early and often as possible. He could score every single goal until the end of the season for all I care, as long as it means us winning some games.

draw is definately not enough as the teams around us are mostly doing quite well

as for people calling for CNZ to play - he's only had 1 half decent game all season i'd rather play someone from the youth team who might actually give a damn rather than than good for nothing turd

Stoke are really toothless at the momentam sure they are lowest scorers in the league and I think this is a game we can win. We will need Benteke firing and definitely baker at left back to deal with their aerial bombardment

draw written all over it.

1-1 i think. Agreed that Chelsea will probably lose to Sunderland. We have to match Wigans result every week and take it to the final game. Then its on!

I'd go for QPR draw, and they should get it, but wouldn't complain if they won - although I still think Wigan will be fine.

Surely Chelsea have got to stop losing to our rivals now. They are at home. To Sunderland. And still fighting for top 4 and top 3.

As for us, I think we may have to settle for a point, but this fixture looks more winnable now than ever (in terms of the Stoke side, not necessarily ours).