Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

Can't wait for this game now, will be my 2nd away game of the season. Must win to say the least, would play the following:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar © Clark Baker

Delph Sylla Westwood

Weimann (if fit) Benteke Gabby

Stoke are on a dreadful run of form. I bet they're licking their lips to be playing us. Pullis will be motivating them by saying beat Villa and they are safe.

Stoke 1-0 villa

Can't wait for this game now, will be my 2nd away game of the season. Must win to say the least, would play the following:

Guzan

Delph Sylla Westwood

Yes, that would be my team too. I wouldn't quite call it a must win but we could certainly do with some sort of result.

Stoke have 1 win in 12, that win being against reading on February 9th. I'll predict a draw and say ill spend most of the match waiting for the ball to re-appear from the sky.

No more personal errors. No more half hearted 45 mins performances. No more second half collapses . No more throwing away leads. No more calamities from set pieces. No more obtuse substitutions.

Is it too much to **** ask after 31 games.

• Like 1

Guzan

Delph Sylla Westwood

I'd go with the same starting XI.

I've seen far too many Stoke games than necessary this season and they are an awful side. Yes, they're higher than us through sheer will and physicality (something we usually struggle against) but they play some truly dire football and that's saying something when it's stoke. We can definitely outplay them and win this game and I think our results and play against non-top 7 sides have shown that we can definitely get all 3 points.

But we're going to need a big game from Brad.

Come out and get that ball, Brad. Punch whoever you want to get to it.

Still looking forward to this regardless of yesterday's result, even taking into account how much I hate Stoke and their crimes against football, I really think that they are there for the taking, the fans are starting to get on Pulis's back and other teams seem to have worked out how to play against their style of 'football' and they have no plan B, a point wouldn't be the end of the world but we really should be looking for all three.

Well we need a result and we need no injuries. Stoke know they're in the shit and they're such a vile institution I can see them premeditated trying to cripple Benteke or Weimann (if fit) . They will be 100% physical on and off the ball. Hope we have a strong referee ??

Think we need a performance much like we showed at home to West Ham...in that Baker, Clark and Vlaar handling the physical presence of Stoke. Perhaps use Delph to nail up Nzonzi although we need to press further up the pitch with our midfield in order to win games. We've never won at the Brit and if we can keep them quiet for the first half then hopefully their fans will grow increasingly frustrated and anxious and we can capitalise and get that first win.

They will naturally try and go hard on Benteke...but then we expect this, so Gabby and Weimann need to on their game. Huth and Shawcross will be tough to dominate in the air so we need to be clinical with our forward passing/play. 

Edited by roonst83

i believe this really is a MUST WIN GAME 

with
Reading v Southampton

Norwich v Swansea

Newcastle v Fulham

QPR v Wigan

Chelsea v Sunderland (as Chelsea have lost to a lot of our rivals lately)

Liverpool v West Ham

Stoke v Villa

with those fixtures we could win and still end up still in the relegation zone.  Very difficult to have any confidence in the team, manager or backroom staff at the moment as we seem able to move from decent to completely useless.  Tactics are usually wrong, team selection is generally poor, players not only lack confidence but look in poor physical condition and stuggle with stamina.  There is far more wrong than inexperience and if we want to have any chance of survival we have to win this game - cant see it happening though

We last won at Stoke in season 84/5 with goals from Walters (2) & Withe making it 3-1 (they went down that season so the opportunity to do it again was denied us until 2008/09 other than for that one season we spent down below in 87/88). Of the games we have played at Stoke since 84/5 they have won 2 and we have drawn the other 3. So it is high time we got another win but I would take a point at the moment.

Lose this weekend.. it could be curtains. Sunderland will beat Chelsea. Chelsea is on a mission to beat us and lose to all our rivals.. new manager syndrome etc.

Wigan will beat a deflated and probably relegated QPR. Hopefully at home they battle for a point.

Southampton will win.

Norwich will win or draw against Swansea playing for nothing.

Newcastle will get a point at fulham.

Huge game.. well they all are now.. but this is crucial.. a loss i think were gone.

I really really want us to win, just because Stoke play the shittest ugliest football outside Sty Blandrews, their manager is a cap wearing prick, and their fans are inbred Tom Jones fans

Lambert needs to get the tactics spot on. Stoke will just launch the kitchen sink at every opportunity at our defence. They will try to bully our midfield and Huth / Shawcross and their other Orks will try and injure Weimann gabby and Benteke.

I'd play as physical a side as we can, so drop Bennett recall Clark and push Baker to LB. Bowery for extra height may be an option if Weimann is out ? Though it's about time we gave NZogbia a full game.