• Sylla
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Delph (for Bannan 62)
    • N'Zogbia (for Weimann 62)
    • El Ahmadi (for Sylla 76)

totally amazed by the lack of urgency and spirit, for christs sake were in the bottom 3 and we just ambled around the pitch, vlaar looked lost again.

lambert backs himself into a corner again with the players on the bench, jordan bowery over bent. **** me.

Where the **** were the 42,000?

Eh?  Is this one of those "man who watched game on TV has a pop at people who actually went to the game" posts, or is it something else?  <_<

I'm with him.

I couldn't make today, as having a family and living nearly 2 hours from Villa Park I can't make every match.

However, when I do go, I will shout, cheer, sing until my throat is sore. Today, it seemed that most that 42,000 had taken their kids along to see Liverpool. The atmosphere was as flat as the performance.

Cue the overreactions.

The good Liverpool turned up today. We were a bit flat in places. No worse than that.

Bring on the rest now, we're gonna shoot up the table.

Eh?  Is this one of those "man who watched game on TV has a pop at people who actually went to the game" posts, or is it something else?  <_<

I'm with him.

I couldn't make today, as having a family and living nearly 2 hours from Villa Park I can't make every match.

However, when I do go, I will shout, cheer, sing until my throat is sore. Today, it seemed that most that 42,000 had taken their kids along to see Liverpool. The atmosphere was as flat as the performance.

So you would prefer empty seats? Good attendance, more money. I'm fine with that.

Game of two halves, we even defended reasonably well first half. Most disappointing thing was the substitutions resulted in nothing, we actually got worse (not the first time this year). A point would have been a good result today, and even just hoofing it forward in the last ten minutes may have proven more productive. On paper we can get out of it, but I don't think we have the experience to scrap and the last twenty minutes reinforces that view.

I'm with him.

So you would prefer empty seats? Good attendance, more money. I'm fine with that.

No, I'd prefer those who went got behind the side.

I'd rather see a crowd of 32,000 that created an atmosphere than 42,000 on a day trip with their kids cos' a 'big team' is in town.

As for money, most of it goes in Randy's pocket so makes no difference.

I'm with him.

Holier than thou attitude  the last reserve of the armchair fan.    

It's Easter Sunday.  The clocks changed last night so everybody lost an hour of their morning   People going to the game today would have been up and straight out to make it there for kick off.  You cant crucify them for not creating a truly electric atmosphere. 

Belgian guy who has began supporting us this season has more faith and sense than some of you lot

I have enough faith and sense to know we are pretty shite thanks very much.

Cue the overreactions.

The good Liverpool turned up today. We were a bit flat in places. No worse than that.

Bring on the rest now, we're gonna shoot up the table.

What table would that be?

its our own fault where we are but its just slightly annoying that

Southampton beat City .... then City turn up and beat us

Southampton beat Liverpool...... then Liverpool beat us.

Southampton beat Chelsea ..... I bet they turn up against us ....

As I said its our fault .... but this annoys me

Realistically, came in thinking we weren't going to get a point today so not too bummed. Disappointing how it happened but Liverpool played well today, we didn't take our chances, and we played like muppets on the back for 10 minutes in the second half.

Still confident we'll stay up.

totally amazed by the lack of urgency and spirit, for christs sake were in the bottom 3 and we just ambled around the pitch, vlaar looked lost again.

lambert backs himself into a corner again with the players on the bench, jordan bowery over bent. **** me.

Too many times we were caught ball watching and poor positioning.  Not enough players wanted to give 100%.  Totally lack-lustre.

We looked ok for about 35-40 minutes, but there were signs towards the end of the first half that Liverpool were more than capable of opening us up and scoring, we seemed to go very ragged after the let off from Bannan's F**k up, was hoping half time would give us a chance to regroup and regain little bit of the composure we had shown in those first 35 mins. Second half never really thought we'd score, didn't look capable of keeping enough meaningful possesion and mainly wastefulness by Liverpool  kept the score down. Always thought we'd lose today but was hoping I'd be wrong and we'd get something positive. We'll be alright if we could play for a full 90+ minutes in a game, The team still seem very fragile mentally

This was a bonus game that didn't matter as much that we lost it than if we lose to Fulham or Stoke.

That said it is still incredibly disappointing that we didn't get anything from the game as it was there for the taking.

I turned if off after the penalty, but in summary my ratings go:

Guzan - 7 - reliable once again

Bennett - 6

Vlaar - 7

Baker - 5 ... thought he had a decent game, but once again massively let down by a moment of **** stupidity. Story of our season

Lowton - 7 ... excellent cross for Agbonahor's misser.

Bannan - 0 ... once again by far the worst player on the pitch and an absolute liability. Gave the ball away 3 times in incredibly dangerous situations. His crossing from deep was pathetic, and his corner (s) was once again floaty and too easy to defend again. Getting a bit sick of having him in the team week after week now... he isn't good enough and should be put into the reserves.

Westwood - 5 ... lacking confidence ... hardly a surprise with all the wallies around him though

Sylla - 5 ... might come good one day, but that day might cost us our PL status

Agbonlahor - 5 ... stinker. Him on form today and we'd have won. Simple.

Benteke - 8 ... love the bloke. He control, his composure, his finishing. Shame we'll only see him for one season at VP.

Weimann - 6 ... okay

Bannan didn't show up and Delph looked much better, but Sylla did ok I thought - we certainly looked worse when he came off.

We lost shape completely when Weimann went off and for some reason Bennett stopped going wide.

I wish Lambert would give KEA the Ireland treatment, he's so slow and never gets near a player - total waste of **** space.

Baker's tackle was ridiculous he didn't get anywhere near the ball, it's like this every game - Clark costs us a goal, Bennett costs us a goal, Baker costs us a goal, Bannan costs us a goal and on and on it goes. I know Vlaar has been culpable aswell but mainly the sort of errors that all defenders make, the others have been pub football.

All of the spark and fight that we had in the first half completely vanished in the second, which baffles me considering the buzz surrounding this match. Crowd fell silent, consistently pushed into our half and silly free kicks given. I'm hating these headlines though. From the BBC: "Aston Villa were left in deep relegation trouble after Liverpool fought back from a goal down to seal victory at Villa Park". Deep in relegation trouble? We're 1 point behind Sunderland FFS, and only below Wigan on goal difference, with some helpful fixtures coming up. I still think we'll manage.

Â