Record Store Day 2013 Saturday 20th April

Xann

• VT Supporter

Funny, I was only telling the gf the other day about a little record store in Newport that I used to spend all my money at. Drove past where it used to be last week and wasn't surprised to see it had gone. Then I looked at Xann's link and find that it is still going strong, just a wee bit up the road. Definitely going to pop in next time I'm over that way.

Edited by choffer

• VT Supporter

I've given up on record shops. There were two in Bradford - HMV, of which 'nuff said - and a decent secondhand one that is closing down next week (the owner is retiring, but nobody wanted to take it over). 

You know what? I don't really care. I can (and do) get everything I want from the internet. 

All I will miss is something to do at lunchtimes, impulse buys. 

And I've finally started ripping my remaining LPs that don't exist on CD, so I should be able to offload all my vinyl (2,000-odd albums, a few hundred singles)  in the next couple of years. 

Not a vinyl fetishist at all, they're just a waste of space. 

Edited by mjmooney

a fair point M, I'm nowhere near a vinyl fet either

I use the shop for some impulse buys, I pick their brains and I also just use it to kill 30 minutes

but I do find it handy to combine old and new, I'll find something by accident on the interweb, tweet the shop to please get me a physical copy, then go in when it's convenient and pick it up

once in, they are cute enough to give me some freebie samplers, which invariably leads to another buy a week or three later

I don't smoke, no drugs, rarely drink, wasting money on all formats and forms of music is my vice.

I see there's another Botch re-issue - they must do these for it every year, I'm sure there's been one in the list for the last few years.

Bong and Mugstar interest me, but tbh, that Chas & Dave record is probably the most interesting thing on there. 7'' shaped like a Rabbit? Yea!

I've given up on record shops. There were two in Bradford - HMV, of which 'nuff said - and a decent secondhand one that is closing down next week (the owner is retiring, but nobody wanted to take it over). 

You know what? I don't really care. I can (and do) get everything I want from the internet. 

And I've finally started ripping my remaining LPs that don't exist on CD, so I should be able to offload all my vinyl (2,000-odd albums, a few hundred singles)  in the next couple of years. 

I'll have 'em ;)

• VT Supporter

I'll have 'em ;)

I long ago decided that you can have first dibs, Rob. 

You'll have to wait until I can make a list though. 

I'll have 'em ;)

I long ago decided that you can have first dibs, Rob. 

You'll have to wait until I can make a list though. 

What a gentleman ;)

Â