The best player you have watched (at a game)

knoppy1987

I feel really fortunate to have watched Macca week in week out at his prime. It was awesome, a catalogue of faultless performances. I think all capped off in italia 90 when he was MoM with a colossus display in the 1-0 win over the hosts.

I feel really fortunate to have watched Macca week in week out at his prime. It was awesome, a catalogue of faultless performances. I think all capped off in italia 90 when he was MoM with a colossus display in the 1-0 win over the hosts.

That was in America 1994, but yes, incredible performance! 

At Villa Park...

Brian Little

Paul McGrath

Andy Gray (the white one)

Also saw Johan Cruyff in 1978 and Paolo Rossi in 1983, both pretty decent ;)

cruyff for me. Rossi wasn't bad but for me that night Boniek was better

Rossi was a very good goalscorer but not exactly a flashy, highly skilled player.

Anyway, Zidane is the best player that I've ever watched. I was lucky enough to win some tickets to the England vs France game in Euro 2004. He played brilliantly and then dispatched of the England team with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes. Incredible stuff.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Apologies it was US94. Dementia has truly set in. Game was played in New York then there was a party after at Larry Mullens. Edited by CI

Apologies it was US94. Dementia has truly set in. Game was played in New York then there was a party after at Larry Mullens.

It was actually played in New Jersey.

Isn't that in the state of New York?

No, it's in the state of New Jersey. 

sBjfCej.jpg

It's one of those pissy arguments though, like pointing out that Birmingham airport is actually in Solihull or that Manchester United don't actually play their home games in Manchester.  The game was played at the New York Giants stadium, it's on the west bank of the Hudson river so it is in New Jersey, but as the crow flies it's less than five miles from Central Park.  It's geographically closer to Manhattan than most of the other boroughs of New York City are. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

I saw Cristiano Ronaldo at VP in 06/07. On a different level to everyone else, including the United players.

that was the game of the paul scholes volley. ronaldo was incredible that day

Yep , Cryuff for me too; 1978 at VP. I have never seen a player so light on their feet; reminded me of a ballet-dancer.

I was at that game. I think it was Barca's first goal where he just seem to ghost through the Villa defence like they weren't there. It looked almost supernatural.

Â