Friend (The Refs) Performance

Demitri_C

when we were playing really neat football and having oodles of possession at the start and they had a few really good chances before the goal. pretty much all the chances they made were because of Friend just totally making shit up. real shame you can't appeal yellows because we picked up a load yesterday that just not yellow, or if he's going to give them then townsend and bosingwa should have been booked at least once too.

that0s without mentioning the handball and the backpass. the backpass was just unbeleivable, he's held both of his arms out telling the keeper to come and touched it back to him. just 100% blatant backpass, no idea why motd didn't even bring it up. his crazy interpretation of the advantage was beyond a joke too and deserved a debate on motd as to what the **** was going on there but they said nothing. if you play advantage and the player fouled managed to get a clean shot off, then you've done the right thing as far as letting play continue to give the player the chance he was nearly denied by the foul. once that shot goes wide, you can't bring it back for a free kick too! if that's the case if a player gets fouled in the box and then scores, why not bring play back afterwards for the penalty too?!?!? insane.

As bad as the clearing in the woods was, his linesmen were just as bad.

At least 3 times QPR players moved the ball forwards from where a free kick was given. The ref told them to move it back, then allowed himself to be distracted. While the ref was distracted the QPR player then movedthe ball again, and took the kick from the wrong place.

Why didn't the assistants help the ref? Because they were just as inept that's why.

That said, going out on a limb, the Boswinga back pass, I think the ref 'might' have it that right. I think Boswinga was never in control of the ball, and it actually bounced off him twice, rather than it being an actual pass back to the keeper.

And, we have had a couple of favourable 'back pass' decisions in the last couple of weeks.

Really shocking as everyone else has said. I'm half surprised he didn't call for a handball for our 3rd when Weimann jumped up to control it!

Haha I thought the same, not at the game but afterwards whilst watching the highlights :D

-Missed back pass

- Booking Sylla for Vlaar's foul

- Giving Townsend a freekick despite him missing his original shot with advantage

- Playing advantage for Gabby (but not booking Townsend or Boswinga)

- Moving QPR's freekick forward

- Booking Andi for dissent

- Booking Bannan for a simple shirt pulled

- Gabby being pulled down by a QPR player (no freekick)

- Benteke being climbed over by Samba

- Hoillet's foul on Benteke (could have been more than a booking)

- Not blowing enough for or booking QPR players for fouls (invited them to hack away)

- Booking our players put pressure on our players to stand off more

- M'Bia could have been sent off for persistent fouls

- Boswinga got away with quite a few fouls

- Adding 50 seconds to the minimum of 5 minutes

- Fabio should have been booked

Other officials - missing the obvious Zamora offside and adding on 5 minutes.

M'bia should have received his second yellow in the first half for kicking the ball away at a villa free kick.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

-Missed back pass

- Booking Sylla for Vlaar's foul

- Giving Townsend a freekick despite him missing his original shot with advantage

- Playing advantage for Gabby (but not booking Townsend or Boswinga)

- Moving QPR's freekick forward

- Booking Andi for dissent

- Booking Bannan for a simple shirt pulled

- Gabby being pulled down by a QPR player (no freekick)

- Benteke being climbed over by Samba

- Hoillet's foul on Benteke (could have been more than a booking)

- Not blowing enough for or booking QPR players for fouls (invited them to hack away)

- Booking our players put pressure on our players to stand off more

- M'Bia could have been sent off for persistent fouls

- Boswinga got away with quite a few fouls

- Adding 50 seconds to the minimum of 5 minutes

- Fabio should have been booked

Other officials - missing the obvious Zamora offside and adding on 5 minutes.

Wow. It's incredible that we won.

The Boswinga free kick was moved a good 7 or 8 yards to the right which really improved the angle

Weimann was doing his nut but the prick of a ref just turned a blind eye

First of all, the rule of advantage actually works that way. If the player don't get the advantage of the ball, even if he gets a shot away, the ref can pull it back and give them the freekick. That's really how it works. But Friend really, really stretvhed that rule yesterday.

But he had a real stinker nevertheless. I thought more than one time about those brown envelopes from redknobb. Nut surprised I wasn't the only one who thought about that. I really, really hope that qpr go down now.

Well well well, looks like our friend has others suspicious of his officiating...Just found this written by on a Scouse fans forum

""I am the first to admit that I look through Red favouring glasses, but I
believe those with a neutral view will agree with me. Kevin Friend last
night was incompetent to extent of me wondering whether or not the FA
should look for any unusual betting activity.""...

Guess what?... they were playing another London club.

Â