Friend (The Refs) Performance

Demitri_C

The Bosingwa free-kick was ridiculous. I was sitting in the Doug Ellis and you could see the mark on the turf where Samba had gone over. It was literally about 3 yard's from the touchline. Unbelievable performance. 

The Bosingwa free-kick was ridiculous. I was sitting in the Doug Ellis and you could see the mark on the turf where Samba had gone over. It was literally about 3 yard's from the touchline. Unbelievable performance. 

I sit in Lower Holte and the whole Holte end was going mental at him. How could he get it so wrong so often!?

The blatant handball and the backpass were the worst.

Playing for 70million sterlings extra for the teams that stay up. I'm sure QPR are willing to spend a few hundred thousand  pound on each ref for the next 8 matches in an atempt to stay up. Borderline parnoid, but thats the thought I'm stuck with after watching the game, 

What I don't understand is... after Portsmouth, how have QPR been allowed to put themselves in a situation where they (apparently) face financial ruin if they don't stay in the PL? Or is that just hype - they'll just have to sell all their players, it'll be very disruptive for next season, but won't bankrupt the club?

I'm not interested in the five minutes. Look at all the additional time we've had in all games this season. It's almost always 5 minutes or 4 minutes.

What was weird was the additional 50 seconds (?) after the additional five minutes was up, which allowed QPR to attack one more time. Clint Hill was very close to scoring with that last shot of the game.

Pretty bad performance yes, did make a few bad calls... especially when their player made a shot inside the box and was given a FK after he could have scored. You get two chances now? Then in the second half their player was held back, he passed it to another one who made a crap pass and the ref took the situation back and rewared a FK again. And then five minutes extra time and they nearly smashed one in after 96 minutes! Thank **** for him they didn

Well this has been a massive bone of contention with me for years now. I am convinced there is something dodgy going on in the Premier League. As far back as i can remember it was a known fact in football that if 2 totally different quality teams played each other 10 times, with one being a Prem club & the other being a conference team for example that the law of averages would dictate that the Conference team would win 1 or 2 of those matches, there would be a couple of draws & the Prem team would most likely win through 6 or 7 times out of the 10 games. Indeed this i remember was discussed on Match of the Day many years ago.

So how come since the Premier League came about this "Law of averages" has changed? For example how can we go for decades without beating Man U? After all we are a much closer match to Man U than say a non league team & yet the non league team would win one in 10 against them supposedly. This is further evidenced in the FA cup when smaller teams regularly beat the "giants" of the game. So how come in the run of the mill Prem games when presumably teams are much more evenly matched this law of averages seems to be ineffective? I pondered this for years as it seemed something was a bit odd & this in turn made me look much more closely at fixtures & match referees game changing decisions & i must say what i have seen in games involving all the Prem teams not just Villa is quite shocking.

There appears to be a pattern to it too & it is about this stage of the season when this "game changing" increases. This doesn't seem to happen at the start of the season quite so much but usually starts a bit later in the season which weirdly coincides with one of the "favoured" clubs being below their normal position.... Watch it next season & you'll see what i mean.. There is another hot spot too around about now although there seems to be a kind of mid season backing off when this reduces for some reason. Kevin Friends performance today is typical of a "game changer" & to be fair to us we did exceptionally well to win today despite this.

So my conclusion is that the reason the "law of averages" work differently in todays Premier League is that there is something adversely affecting them...... The Officials!!.... They are the missing ingredient from the equation & there is no other explanation in my opinion.

So now it is indeed possible to play another Premier League team who we are not comparably that far away from quality wise, about 40 times without winning one of them!!.. Look a bit more carefully & you can clearly see why that is the case.

We all surely know that this game is decided by the tiniest of margins... Millimetres in fact.. A game can hinge on 1 bad decision so even the slightest bias can have a massive impact on results... & does year in year out.

In commentary they were commending him for playing the advantage rule. I agreed because he let us play on a few times too. My problem with him started when he booked Bannan for partially tugging at a player's shirt that had turned him, yet he let at least two QPR players off with late, and deliberate, fouls on Gabby and Weimann when they had broken on the counter attack. Even Trevor Bluenose Francis commented that the ref should have booked the player that fouled Gabby.

Also, at the end of the 5 minutes of injury time, you clearly saw Lambert go to the 4th official and tell him that the 5 minutes were up. The 4th official points to his earpiece and says that the ref knows. The **** then went on to play a further 50 seconds and only blew when Clint Hill shot high and just wide.

I am sure that ref once took a Villa v Chelsea game as his first ever game as a ref. I think the original ref was taken ill or something in the pre match warm up and Friend stepped in from being 4th official. I remember he had a shocker for us and gave everything Chelsea's way. I remember because on the way home from the game we were calling him Chelsea's Friend!

He should never ref us again.

Edited by villarocker

Yeah I know of his form with us because I always think that the name is quite apt.

Sylla made 3 genuine 50/50 challenges in the first 15 mins, the ref spoke to him after each of the first 2, then booked him after the third. None of them were even fouls.

ALL of our games seem to involve at least 4 mins as the standard now.  

First half yesterday, we had two goals, one sub, a big injury, stopping the game twice - 3 mins added.

Second half we had 3 goals 4 subs and 5/6 mins added.  There wasn't any clear time wasting, the game was end to end.  I don't even think there was an offside call in the match!  Overall we had 9 mins added!

Recent games I have watched on TV:

Everton V City - There was a sending off, 2 goals scored, 5 subs, Everton trying to run the clock down - 3 mins added on.

Bayern V Arsenal - I think the ref booked every player on that pitch, plus Bayern wasting time - 3 mins added

Man U V Real Madrid - A sending off, huge time delay with Nani on the ground plus arguments etc. 2 or 3 goals?  Lots of subs - 4 mins added.

Also agree that his 'advantages' were a joke yesterday, as well as the yellow card distribution.

As mentioned on here numerous times before, I sit on row 3,c6, right near the tunnel. When he came off at half time, he was absolutely LOVING the abuse he was getting. He had the most cocky smug grin on his face I have ever seen.

Thankfully, given the result, I paid no attention to him at full time, but fully expect he was looking glum, seeing as his devious plan had failed.

Kevin Enemy tbf

Edited by hogso

Â