Friend (The Refs) Performance

Demitri_C

surely, this has to be one of the worst refeering performances I have seen. giving yellows to our players then the same challenges by QPR players and no bookings. Then he gives a foul to QPR about 30 seconds after the advantage. Then to absolute add insult to injury he adds a pathtic 5 minutes injury time! Disgusting, regardless if we won or not had they scored in the 5th minute of injury time it all could have been so different.

I really hope villa complain about that pathetic and biased refeerring

He ignored a blatant handball and the most obvious backpass in football history in the first half.

**** awful - obviously got sent one of Saggy Chops' brown envelopes

• Like 4

Yes, right up there with Dowd and that swiss ref who blew for time 3 minutes early in that intertoto cup match. 

It wasnt just the backpass, or the handball, or the fact that he allowed QPR to take their freekicks 10-20 yards further forward than where the fouls actually happened, but he also managed to stop about 10 moves when it would have been easier to play on. If he doesnt get demoted to the lower leagues after this one, I'll eat my hat!

He had quite an interesting interpretation of 'advantage' as well.

He'd play the advantage and when the player **** up his advantage he'd pull it back, e.g. when we let Townsend run through on goal he was fouled at some point but managed to shrug it off, Friend played the advantage, this advantage was a clean shot on goal, Townsend **** it up and well the ref pulled it back for a freekick.

Truly shocking display.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He'd play the advantage and when the player **** up his advantage he'd pull it back, e.g. when we let Townsend run through on goal he was fouled at some point but managed to shrug it off, Friend played the advantage, this advantage was a clean shot on goal, Townsend **** it up and well the ref pulled it back for a freekick.

Truly shocking display.

100 times this. I have never seen a referee pull the game back so far after playing advantage to then give the foul. Either they get to play on or they get the foul, they shouldn't be getting both. 

Truly shocking display.

In that move Vlaar lunged at Townsend. He gave the free kick and then booked Sylla?!!!

He was garbage, the 5 minutes at the end was garbage as with the baker injury there were probably more stoppages in the 1st half and he only added 3 then. Only 4 subs made in the second half aswell.

That said as someone behind me commented Joe Jordan was in the 4th official's ear all game so he probably added it for him.

I really want to believe in a level playing field, and that money can't get all the way into the game, but referees like this fella make it hard.

He's either - so bad he shouldn't referee again or bent.

I've seen him before and he's been okay.

Yep, forgot about the Bosingwa one. Pretty sure the foul was never the touchline and Bosingwa was somehow allowed to take it from the angle of the 18 yard box?!

Yep remember that as well. It was the most inept performances from a ref that I've seen in a long time. It was truly pathetic. He doesn't deserve to ref at this level for a very long time.

as I didnt see the game yet I cant comment but sounds like a stinker. Wouldnt be surprised if all this is hidden from the highlights.

for what its worth ive always believed some sort of corruption going on in Premier League

Yep, forgot about the Bosingwa one. Pretty sure the foul was never the touchline and Bosingwa was somehow allowed to take it from the angle of the 18 yard box?!

It was for a tussle between Bosingwa and Sylla, about 10 yards from the touchline. Bosingwa rolled the ball forward 10 yards to give himself a shooting opportunity and the ref allowed him to do it. 

Either incredibly shite performance for which he will get a demotion or he's a bent ref.

I wouldnt be surprised if at least a few refs were on the take.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Â