Lego!

Shillzz

By popular demand, I give you the Lego thread.

What was your favourite set/series growing up? What did it do, and why was it so good?

This was my favourite, from the Blacktron series. It had 2 detachable shuttles and ejected a little space craft when you raised the central screen.

1349674558878.jpg

Edited by Shillzz

Imma try and list all the space sets I had/might still have in boxes somewhere...

Classic Space Series

CLASSIC.png

Blacktron (Classic)

BLACKTRON.png

Space Police (Classic)

SPACE%20POLICE%20CLASSIC.png

M:Tron

MTRON.png

Blacktron Future Generation

BLACKTRON%20FUTURE.png

Space Police II

SPACE%20POLICE%20II.png

Ice Planet

ICE%20PLANET.png

Those space landing pads were fantastic.

My Lego-ing spanned from M:tron (1990) to Spyrius (1995), I then graduated to Lego Technic, which was pretty damn cool at the time.

Well, I just did a Google image search for "Awesome Lego Spaceships", and this is one of the images that came up.

I'm actually going to put a NSFW disclaimer, because it sure as hell gave me an erection...

1.jpg

Was going to say the exact same thing Hogso.

I think getting the monorail would have represented a breaching of the spoilt kid line.

Edited by Shillzz

I didn't ever have sets per se, my cousins did and they would always have them sprawled out on their bedroom floor.

It never appealed to me to build lego how it was intended. We inherited a huge blue plastic tub of random bits of old lego from the '80s. I loved it, I just built all kinds of vehicles, planes, helicopters, cars with foldable wings. Hours of fun.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Those cannons that fired were great. They all had the added touch of firing those little round black bits that looked like cannonballs.

Aw, man! I wanted the "Imperial" pirate stuff so badly. I can't even go to the attic and get the lego, because it's all at my parents' :(

Â