music to make you feel better

leemond2008

If you can find karaoke recordings of stuff you like (not always easy), they are great to play loud in the car and sing along to!

Always sing along. And these days I sometimes check my phone so I haven't accidentally called someone. :)

Having been force fed their greatest hits from an early age, Queen only ever cheer me up when they're turned off.

Hm, I was force fed all their music for as long back as I can remember, and it turned me into a minor fan. :)

I don't think it's within my capabilities to enjoy anything my Dad listens to after he dragged me to a Celine Dion concert as a kid.

He was threatening to buy the Alt-J album until I had a very stern word with him.

Massive overlap in musical taste between me and my 20-something kids.

Mainly in that they like the same old stuff that I do. The only new stuff that we both like sounds like old stuff anyway.

Go to gigs with one or both of them fairly frequently.

Yeah, I think they picked up on the fact that I am seriously enthusiastic - not to say nerdy - about the music I love. The gene seems to have transmitted to them, I'm glad to say.

• Like 1

Mainly in that they like the same old stuff that I do. The only new stuff that we both like sounds like old stuff anyway.

I'm hoping my pair will be like that eventually. I'm teaching my eldest daughter guitar at the moment (she asked me) so i'm hoping that will start to steer her away from the usual Radio 1 shite that young teens listen to these days.

As for the original question of the thread, I find traditionally Pink Floyd does the trick or if we're going for something contemporary maybe Beach House or M83.

I'm hoping my pair will be like that eventually. I'm teaching my eldest daughter guitar at the moment (she asked me) so i'm hoping that will start to steer her away from the usual Radio 1 shite that young teens listen to these days.

As for the original question of the thread, I find traditionally Pink Floyd does the trick or if we're going for something contemporary maybe Beach House or M83.

I love both Beach House and M83.

That's interesting you can actually go to gigs with the kids.

I've got tickets for a few weeks time and I'm taking my nipper along for the first time. I was wondering if it was the right thing to do, it's one of the few places of common ground this particular singer (Mary Epworth) so I thought it a good opportunity.

I've recently worried as to whether I'm actually too old for gigs. I have no interest in sitting there quietly waiting to clap at the end of a respectable Clapton guitar guitar solo. Last weekend was Brixton, early hours of the morning have a little dance to some dub. That's great if you're 22, I'm closer to 72.  

I read the last line as Bach House, and my initial thought was ooh, that sounds interesting!

Where are they playing? If it's somewhere in the Midlands I might finally get to see them after years of missing them whenever they make a trip down this way.

Robin 2 in Bilston on the 23rd mate. Great venue.

Haven't seen them myself for over 20 years - last time was at Wolves Uni.

Really excited, they have such a excellent back catalogue to choose from.

• Like 1

Where are they playing? If it's somewhere in the Midlands I might finally get to see them after years of missing them whenever they make a trip down this way.

Robin 2 in Bilston on the 23rd mate. Great venue.

I saw them there a year or two ago. Cracking good fun.

Â