Attendance

villanwesty88

I think he only had one touch between the goal and HT, but people did boo him. I cant work out what goes through peoples minds that they think booing him is the thing to do after a mistake.

I would love it to be a sell out and if we go 1-0 up I think the crowd can help, but in general they are too quick to get on the players backs and if we go 1-0 down I think it almost makes it harder for the players. Its a very strange situation, Id say it has sort of been like this for a while, I think we have underachieved at home for a few years now and always done better away from home.

Holy cow! The north stand will be much busier than usual. I've just had a look on the ticket site and there only about 10 seats left in the whole upper tier! I reckon it will be close to 40k tomorrow.

Absolutely no one can say we have crap support. Unlike those tossers down the road, when the chips are down we turn out in numbers to get behind the team!

Without wanting to be too hard on our own fans (I do think we are good fans in general) but many people even on this thread  have mentioned the fans who get too negative, too quickly, and you may well have a point.

But what about the thousands upon thousands who sit there in silence every week? Isn't that just as bad? If those said people sung a little, the so-called negative fans would be heard even less. And yes, it would be great to get 36-38k through the door tomorrow, but what use is that if it's still the same few thousand in the Upper Holte and Lower North putting in all the vocal effort. After all, I'd much rather play in a packed, but silent Nou Camp than a loud, terraced old Division Two sides ground if I was an opposition player.

I realise singing isn't for everyone and I'm not trying to discredit those who choose not too but I don't think anyone can deny that an intimidating home atmosphere gives us a better chance to spur the players on to win, no? So, as this is such a crucial game, why can't a few more people forget about their usual routine and just sing their hearts out for the lads?

I know this will fall on deaf ears (pun not intended) but it is worth raising in my view.

Without wanting to be too hard on our own fans (I do think we are good fans in general) but many people even on this thread  have mentioned the fans who get too negative, too quickly, and you may well have a point.

But what about the thousands upon thousands who sit there in silence every week? Isn't that just as bad? If those said people sung a little, the so-called negative fans would be heard even less. And yes, it would be great to get 36-38k through the door tomorrow, but what use is that if it's still the same few thousand in the Upper Holte and Lower North putting in all the vocal effort. After all, I'd much rather play in a packed, but silent Nou Camp than a loud, terraced old Division Two sides ground if I was an opposition player.

I realise singing isn't for everyone and I'm not trying to discredit those who choose not too but I don't think anyone can deny that an intimidating home atmosphere gives us a better chance to spur the players on to win, no? So, as this is such a crucial game, why can't a few more people forget about their usual routine and just sing their hearts out for the lads?

I know this will fall on deaf ears (pun not intended) but it is worth raising in my view.

Great post, 100% agree, I'll be singing by lungs out as per.

Great post, 100% agree, I'll be singing my lungs out as per.

First half I thought was a little quite but last 30 minutes was best atmosphere since probably as far back as the cup semi against Blackburn in 2010.

It made a difference as well. As soon as QPR had equalized the fans continued to get right behind the team and it must have helped lift them again.

Hopefully more of the same against Liverpool.

Edited by markavfc40

Hello ..

I was thinking of coming for the game but couldn't made it .. Most important thing is that we WON !!

Hope I could make Liverpool game .. And we win it !!

btw .. Very good attendence yesterday .. something which we missed ! 

Hope we carry on .. And be safe as soon as possible so we could think of a higher rank .. then think of having Big Chris to stay .. and think who could join in summer ! 

Got to say, the atmosphere yesterday was fantastic.

We sat in the North Stand lower, right on the corner near the Trinity. Usually the North Stand is fairly quiet, you get a few having a sing but not many.

Yesterday, it was buzzing. Never heard it so loud in there. Only sat down for about 20 minutes during the whole game, it really was a special atmosphere. Even when QPR got their second, the Villa Villa chant went around and I really believe that inspired the players to go again and get the winner.

Special mention to the guy in the Superman hat. He had us in creases. Think he may have been on something but so, so funny. Best bit was when Bennett was warming up and he got up and shouted 'Joe, Joey, tell Redknapp he's a **** w@nker'. Bennett must have heard him.

Yesterday, we showed why this club IS too big to go down. Everything about yesterday was first class, the atmosphere, the entertainment and the continuing support the club give to Acorns. Loved it.

I could not make it because of work but I was very surprised with the attendance, just wish that was the norm for lesser teams and for the bigger teams it would be 40k plus, we have the fanbase to fill our ground every wk even if we ay doin to well, well done to everyone for the excellent support

Â