Nuclear War (next week?)

ender4

So North Korea's leadership has said that all peace treaties are void from Monday 11th March, and that they are willing to carry out a pre-emptive strike on anyone they believe to be aggressors against themselves.

So lets seriously assume that on Monday they decide that America has pissed them off, and they launch a single nuclear missile at New York, USA.

What would happen next?

Would the USA be able to stop that missile reaching New York?

Would the USA immediately retaliate?   With nuclear weapons?

What would Russia/China's reaction be to North Korea using nuclear weapons?

What would Russia/China's reaction be to the USA using nuclear weapons in retaliation?

Would other countries get involved?

I should imagine the US would stop the missile then all other countries would then make NK pretty much extinct.

Edited by Ingram85

I myself would welcome a bit of nuclear warfare, I recon it would take that to sort this shit heap of a planet out. bomb us back to the stoneage and lets start again

I fail to see how that would sort anything out.

Anyway, I don't think a nuclear war on the Korean Peninsular would escalate into a global nuclear war.

A person on my trip was involved in diplomatic circles between North and South , he told me that  as far as a lot of NK Generals were concerned  it was "inevitable" that the North would without warning pour troops over the border , grab Seoul and then sue for peace  ... Nuclear strikes were never an option in their opinion

of course that could have changed

Interestingly when you ride the Pyongyang subway it doubles up as the worlds largest fall out shelter and it was the only place on the trip where we were watched closely and forbidden from taking photographs of certain areas  ....lets just say I don't think any DPRK civilians will be invited into these bunkers !!

It's certainly a concerning time, and rhetorical or not, North Korea's comments should not be tolerated.

The key issue, as the OP alludes to, is how Russia and China react to any situation. Yesterday's resolutions would seem to indicate that China, atleast, recognise the stupidity of the situation and are prepared to act to stop the North Koreans. Whether they would tolerate a Nucleur strike on the peninsula is another matter.

If this goes off, is there any chance we, the UK, could just say

"You sort it out amongst yourself, chaps. We'll be waayyyyyy over here, minding our own business. Feel free to leave us out of this one"

?

If this goes off, is there any chance we, the UK, could just say

"You sort it out amongst yourself, chaps. We'll be waayyyyyy over here with France, minding our own business. Feel free to leave us out of this one"

?

fixed

I can't see a major **** going down. Even if the DPRK did launch a few nukes at the South I'm not sure any of the UN Nations would retaliate with a nuke. A massive multi-faceted military invasion yes. But it wouldnt trigger a massive nuke off.

Edited by Eames

Â